Lost my 4th girl in 2 days tonight...

Pics
Feb 8, 2018
Wildomar, CA
Had it with predators... 2 snatched by hawks, 1 1/2 by a bobcat....he got me but almost saved my Dark Brahma (Mrs Yoga Pants) but she died in my arms.

Talked to Kalifornia "Wild" life earlier this week about "controlling" Hawks and Bobcats, "nothing they can do".. unless "I do it" but caution 'cause if "unjustified/undocumented" it's 3years with Probation.

Not to be a pooch but I'm in a sad mood. Thinking about moving out of state. All this makes no sense to me.

I'm wondering how is it in other states, especially AZ and TX.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 1.57.37 AM.png
1615201-5da7e6a2b7266f5f526f9e24793714c0.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0420.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0420.JPG.jpeg
    482 KB · Views: 79
"Hunting" a bobcat "w/o cause"= 3 years in state. Your son losing his companion, us losing our "livestocks" ... "priceless"... from a State perspective.

Keeping her in a towel so he can say goodbye in the morning. kinda creeps me out; can hear my dad saying "they're just chickens".... but she was special; sat on his lap followed us around everywhere. that's what pisses me off; we spent so much time, since she was a lil chick to keep her social and safe. Then this.... Sad as hell. Sounds out of place if you're a full fledge "raiser" but for us, They all have names and they're part of the family.

Keeping chickens can be such a sad thing. I live in a National Park and of course having the wildlife around is part of the parks attraction. I've lost a lot of chickens to predators over the years and each one had a name and I probably watched them hatch and grow.
I dig a lovely deep grave with the chicken lying beside me as I dig so I can remember how they looked in life and in death. I place the gently at the bottom of the grave and think to myself as I fill the grave with earth that they had a wonderful life free ranging here and I can't protect them from nature, much as we can't protect our sons and daughters from life.

There are predators wherever you go. What concerns me is that the bobcat got close enough to injure you. When dealing with animals especially wild animals there is always the possibility of exposure to rabies. What were the circumstances involved in the interaction ? Did the bobcat come at you ? If so I would seek medical input from a professional.

Back
Top Bottom