Lost my first girl today

dana0710

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
East Texas
I have 5 hens. We let them free range daily. I went out at 1 pm and only saw 4 if them, no noise, no feathers, nothing. Our backyard, which is their normal hangout is about 50 feet deep and we have a very thick wooded area behind is. I did the best I could walking the wood line (I broke my foot and am in a walking cast and i have bronchitis right now) but couldn't find anything. When my husband got home he checked through the woods and we spent hours calling for her. She just disappeared into thin air. I've been so upset trying to figure out what happened. I slept for about 2 hours and now I'm up for the day because I can't stop thinking about it. :-( what would have taken her silently during the middle if the day?

Yes, I'm thinking it very well could have been a fox or coyote. The rest if the girls are staying in the run until we figure it out. :-(

So far we haven't found a trace of her. I spent hours walking the wood line slowly and my husband has walked through the woods as best he can. They are very, very thick. The rest f the girls are stayin locked up right now and not very happy.

Back
Top Bottom