1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost my goat today :[

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by buck-wild-chick, Oct 16, 2009.

1. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    After 6 yrs Gordon the goat finally kicked the bucket. [​IMG]

The goats got into the feed shed last night and ate alot of horse feed.Gordon being the oldest couldn't take it and coliced.I found him this morning laying in freezing rain.His temp was 95.1 which is very low for a goat.I got him up and in the laundry room.I warmed him up and called my mom and the vet.The vet tubed him and pumped some of the grain out but it was to late.30 mins after we got home he crashed and died in my lap.
    I feel horrible and if the shed was locked he would still be alive. [​IMG]

Sorry for letting you down boy,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm sorry.

We often forget how mischievious and intelligent our animals can be. I have often had animals get out or get into something I had blocked off well.

Sadly, it happens and it's a tough lesson. [​IMG] Get a latch for your grain shed.

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am soooo sorry for your loss! I love my goats so much and i can only imagine how sad you are! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ChickensInTheNorthWoods

ChickensInTheNorthWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North East CT
    Sorry you are going through the loss of this dear pet, He was a handsome boy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by