Lost my personal BYC page..?

Photos and my page don't have the limits of ads.

Best way on ads is to insert thumbnails. That way you can add lots of pics without going over the 100k mark.

Photos and my page don't have the limits of ads.

Best way on ads is to insert thumbnails. That way you can add lots of pics without going over the 100k mark.

Okay, I am glad of the non limits over there. Now 2 more questions and out of here. I think the edit feature is gone in the new System, so I cannot ad photos to my page.... Is that right???

And can you answer my question regarding the Want to Buy where is it??? Thanks and I appreciate it.

You should be able to edit your personal page. I just checked and can edit mine.

With the new system you enter an ad by catagory and people can filter the search.

You can click on the learning center tab and member page link is there. If you click on a member page you get an alphabetical sort option in the right column.

That is what I am talking about. It was easier to just click a link under the member's avatar to go to their page, rather than leave a thread you are in the middle of reading to go and look someone up. Then you have to remember what their screen name was and type it into the search feature.
In the old BYC, quite often, people would refer to pictures on their pages and all you had to do is click on the link below their avatar to see their page. Then just click the back button to go back to the thread.

You don't have to use search. There is an alphabetical sort in the right column.

It was some what more convenient from the perspective and usage you refer to. But on the old system searching them for topic and content was a nightmare.

The second issue with the old system came in when a member had multiple pages.

Will chat with Rob and find out if he can put it back in the postbit or in the signature line. So many options here and so much that can be turned on it is mind boggling.

You don't have to use search. There is an alphabetical sort in the right column.

It was some what more convenient from the perspective and usage you refer to. But on the old system searching them for topic and content was a nightmare.

The second issue with the old system came in when a member had multiple pages.

Will chat with Rob and find out if he can put it back in the postbit or in the signature line. So many options here and so much that can be turned on it is mind boggling.

I'm sure it is mind boggling to say the least. That feature sure was nice to have though. Thanks for looking into it!
I am an addict to this website and no matter what you do with it, I'll always be on here enjoying it.

He indicated he does want it back in the info under our avatars, or at least somewhere else where it is just a click away. It is nice to be able to flip to someones page right away when reading their posts, to learn more about the person. It's one of the things that makes this board friendly.

One way to see the BYC page is to click on the users handle, go to their profile. There is a row with four items with green dots- breeds and supplies, forums, articles, profiles. Click all except articles so the green buttons change to grey (there is a little delay as they change, just click once) and then you'll only see all their articles listed. Articles include BYC pages and My Chickens pages, so you can get to it there.

Only six easy steps to get there.
roll.png
(an old rule of web design, nothing on a site should ever be more than three clicks away from anything else on the site).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom