Lost my sweet husband of almost 45 years

Whispering Winds

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bond County, Illinois
Hello everyone, I haven't been on here in quite awhile, which is crazy as I NOW finally have chickens. My heart is heavy with grief and sadness as my sweet husband passed away Nov. 24 from a massive coronary. He had been sick for several years due to complications of diabetes, and had started in home kidney dialysis just about 6 months ago. He had an appt with the cardio spec the day he passed to set up an appt for a cath, which he had been dragging his feet on. Just so tired of all the medical stuff he had been going thru. He was 64 years old and the love of my life. I saw him when I was 13 years old and never looked back. He worked so hard since he was 10 years old and took good care of me and our 5 kids, plus one as we adopted Chandler when he was 8, our youngest daughters son, and he was the absolute love of Terry's life. I grieve horribly because he won't see what a fine young adult he will grow into, or at least not here on earth. He is 15 now, and a spectacular human being. We would have been married 45 years on Nov. 27. Life will never be the same, he helped me with my animal projects, built me a sweet second chicken house just a couple of weeks before he passed; we had such plans for Spring and Summer. All I can say to each and every one of you is to forgive and forget, love each other as there may NOT be a tomorrow, say I love you EVEN if you aren't feeling it. . .because it might be the last thing you say to that certain person. We are having a Celebration of Life for him Jan. 9 at my little country church I go too, as he was definitely worth celebrating. He liked everyone, never judged and it didn't matter if you were the richest of the rich or the poorest of the poor, been in trouble or not, he treated everyone exactly the same and people loved him for it. He leaves a huge void in our hearts and lives.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have such a helpmate. God bless you and yours.
hugs.gif

He sounds like a really great guy. It is a shame there are not more like him in this world, but you were lucky enough to have him in your world for a long time and that was a tremendous blessing. There will be many wonderful memories of him that you must cling to, to help you through the sadness and grief.
So very sorry for your loss and heartache.

Wow, WW. I'm so very sorry that you've lost your soul mate. I will lift you up in prayer: May God surround you with his people. May they reach out to you and touch you with God's love in the coming days, months, and even far ahead into the following years. May he give you the strength to continue to parent Chandler, as you must now be both Mother and Father to him. I know how taxing it can be to parent a grand child. I pray that Chandler will continue to move forward and become exactly the man that God intends him to be. I also pray that Chandler will even be a source of comfort to you at this time. May God bathe you in the peace that passes all understanding.

I am so sorry. I lost my childhood sweetheart five years ago. We had been married 45 years too. All I can tell you is you never get over it but you can get through it. Again, I am so sorry.

I am so very sorry for you and your family. I can't imagine what you're going through. I don't have any words that will help. But my thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom