Lost my two ducks this morning!! :(

Awww, so sad. I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I've never seen a crow or raven go after a fully grown duck and if they ever tried they would probably be very noisy. They do take small ducklings sometimes, though.

Most likely it was a dog like others have said.

Last edited:
My mom lives on the river. When I was smaller there were lots of wild ducks and they used to come up into the yard sometimes. Of course there are also tons of crows. I never saw a crow bother the ducks once though. I'm sorry you lost your babys though.

I am so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
Racoons are the sneakiest little devils, so that wouldn't surprise me at all. Reminds me I need to mow behind our "free range" fenced yard to keep things short so its harder for things to sneak in!

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Sorry I have not posted sooner, Yesterday we were out setting up traps and the game camera. Hoping this morning we would have something. Nothing showed on the camera but something was there last night. So we will try again tonight. Thanks again

By the way the reason why I ask about the crows is because they have been coming in and eat the grain. And I have heard of them chasing off mom and killing babies. So I was not sure if they would go after a full grown duck or not.

And for anyone who posted about losing there little ones too, I am sorry Big
hugs.gif
to you..

Back
Top Bottom