lost pls help find them

Jul 24, 2020
NY
in our flock we have a few chicks last night 2 went missing we found one and tried for 2 hours to get them out of the tree with no success so we gave up in the morning they were still in the tree but later in the day we checked and they were gone. the other one is our very special lone lavender puff who has just vanished. we own 10 acres 9 of which are marsh any suggestions on how we can find them.ps puff means the world to me and the other one Is named just haven't figured out who it is yet.

in our flock we have a few chicks last night 2 went missing we found one and tried for 2 hours to get them out of the tree with no success so we gave up in the morning they were still in the tree but later in the day we checked and they were gone. the other one is our very special lone lavender puff who has just vanished. we own 10 acres 9 of which are marsh any suggestions on how we can find them.ps puff means the world to me and the other one Is named just haven't figured out who it is yet.
I’m so sorry! Are the others locked up? I’d expect that your missing birds would hear them calling snd come back to them… How old are they?

The only other thing I can think of trying is to walk around areas further from home playing a recording of guinea fowl calls. You could record your birds or use a YouTube video of adults… I hope that they come back!!!
This is basically what I did when Mama started leading her crew into the field. The recording was only abt 1/2 successful - she ignored it. But when we had we had the final incident, Mia was the 1st one I found. She was always quick to sound the alarm if her twin was out of sight. For her it was 3 quick whistles in succession- not quite a buckwheat yet. So I put her in the run and let her start calling.
The last 4 we found was by me carrying her through the field-if she had any hint of a guinea being nearby she started calling.
Before I sold the remainders of Mama's hatch, I learned to mimic that call & it became the new way to tell everyone to return to the coop.
I've always had oddballs, though, as going up in trees has never really been a thing.
Where I usually find my stragglers is hiding under something on the ground- brush piled up or in the case of the field, the left over stalks and leaves clumped up or under bushes. For some reason they've never been big on trees.🤞

Back
Top Bottom