Lost Scout

David let the reins drop to ground tie the stallion then moved past Anwir to the blockage to look it over. Inside he was cursing the delay, but on the outside he seemed calm and unfazed. He looked to the cliff and climbed a little to see over the blockage and to the other side. Determining that they would get nothing through this way he dropped back to the ground and went to turn his horse to go back out and find another path. Only when they were heading back did he speak "We ride until we reach Camden, we do not stop at nightfall."

Aelfric scowled, not sure if he wanted Gomez's statement to be true or not. Either way, he wanted nothing more than to wipe that disgusting smirk off the creature's face. "What do you want?" he asked, stepping close to the bars of the cage. If Gomez would but step just a few inches closer...

"Nothing." He admitted, leaning in a tiny bit closer. "I just wanted to tell you how splendid my evening was, and make sure you weren't too comfortable. The orcs don't like comforts, you know."

Meanwhile....

A little bit ahead of David, Charles, and Anwir, the orcs were making fairly good time through the passage of their choice. Their thicker skin and larger bodies made the cold and wind a little bit more tolerable than for a human, but Orkhan didn't particularly enjoy the crossing.

(Frundette, since you are leading the attack, feel free to take them from here!)

Anwir was confident that they did not suspect him, but he wanted to reinforce that he was not at fault, just a little more, "I am so sorry," he said solemnly as the rode back down the path, "I travailed that way only a month back..." He trailed off with a sigh, as if ashamed of himself for letting them down.

---

"Boy!" I elderly man yelled to Morell, who was watering one of the horses used to remove unwanted rock and earth from the mining area, "Get that horse back over here!" The man yelled again.
Morell scowled at the old man, showing off his normal bad temper, but obeyed anyway, taking the horse back and handing it off to an awaiting miner. He excepted the lead line of another horse that was on its way out of the mine, pulling a large sled of rocks behind it, and lead it away to unload the sled.

Morell was not allowed in the mines, the miners thought he was bad luck, but he was glad of that, he didn't feel a need to risk his own neck, nope, Morell was happy, well, happier above ground.

"Nothing." He admitted, leaning in a tiny bit closer. "I just wanted to tell you how splendid my evening was, and make sure you weren't too comfortable. The orcs don't like comforts, you know."

It was risky. The disgusting creature was just barely in the range Aelfric thought he could reach, but there may be no better chance. Most of the orcs seemed to be gone and even the cook was no where to be seen.

As Gomez leaned closer, Aelfric shed the bindings and shoved his hands through the bars, reaching out to wrap his hands around the creature's throat...

David let the reins drop to ground tie the stallion then moved past Anwir to the blockage to look it over. Inside he was cursing the delay, but on the outside he seemed calm and unfazed. He looked to the cliff and climbed a little to see over the blockage and to the other side. Determining that they would get nothing through this way he dropped back to the ground and went to turn his horse to go back out and find another path. Only when they were heading back did he speak "We ride until we reach Camden, we do not stop at nightfall."

"Agreed," said Charles. He glanced at Anwir as the man apologized, unintentionally letting a scowl cross his face as he caught the man's eye. "We must make all haste to make up for lost time..."

Anwir looked away from Charles, Dose he recognize me? Well, If he thinks that turning me in will save him, he's died wrong... He thought. If either of them turned the other over for their deeds, they'd both hang for sure, and Anwir was not looking to die. He resigned himself to the idea that if Charles tried anything, he'd find Anwir's sword in his back; being forgiven for killing a traitor would be easier then being forgiven for being one...

Oh the tangled web I've weaved... Anwir thought with a scowl.

David nodded "Yes" He said and mounted up once they were out of the pass and back in the forest. Looking around he waited for them to get out of the pass and mount up before urging his horse along the trail. He was not happy with the situation as it was and didn't want any more delays

It was risky. The disgusting creature was just barely in the range Aelfric thought he could reach, but there may be no better chance. Most of the orcs seemed to be gone and even the cook was no where to be seen.

As Gomez leaned closer, Aelfric shed the bindings and shoved his hands through the bars, reaching out to wrap his hands around the creature's throat...

Standing in front of the cage smirking, Gomez had let his cockiness get in the way of his reflexes and was completely unexpecting Aelfric to suddenly lunge forward. Before he had a chance to duck backwards, the man's hands wrapped themselves around his throat. An enraged snarl broke out of his jaws at the same time, and he bared his sharp, crooked teeth at the bars while trying to pry Aelfric's fingers off with his own.

Standing in front of the cage smirking, Gomez had let his cockiness get in the way of his reflexes and was completely unexpecting Aelfric to suddenly lunge forward. Before he had a chance to duck backwards, the man's hands wrapped themselves around his throat. An enraged snarl broke out of his jaws at the same time, and he bared his sharp, crooked teeth at the bars while trying to pry Aelfric's fingers off with his own.

Aelfric kept his grip tight as he lifted upwards, trying to bring Gomez to his toes, though his range of motion was very limited by the bars of the cage. "****face," he spat, "you're gonna open the cage door or that ugly mouth of yours will never utter another lie."

Back
Top Bottom