Lots of pics: Speckled Sussex X Buff Orp -PIC on pg 1, 2 & 5

Quote:
I have also found this to be true, I crossed a Speckled Sussex roo with Barred Rock hens thinking I may get some sexlinks, for some reason, the chicks weren't really "sexlinked" so to speak, some of the hens turned out the normal sexlink color (black with gold hackles) and the other chicks that were produced were the color of most black chicks and the hens that were this color were black with a little mottleing in their breast that eventually molted out and the roos were a dark, nicely barred color but as chicks they didn't have the characteristic "white spot" on their head and they couldn't be differenciated form the pullets like black sexlinks produced from solid roos on barred hens.

woot.gif
Two of these ladies started laying! This project will be moving along before we know it.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Got some more pics of the group today. Enjoy!

001-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

Jody, I could hardly wait to get to work this morning to see these pictures. I peeked at them on my phone last night but the pics are too tiny for my viewing pleasure
roll.png

I too love the colors. My favorite colors are red and purple
big_smile.png

I was wondering which breed was the rooster & which was the hen? How is their temperament? We have speckled sussex & buff orps pures. I don't like the speckled sussex temperament, they are a lot meaner to the other chickens & I've had to seperate our Salmon Favorelles from them. How much is the weight gain in comparative to the pure breed?

I was wondering which breed was the rooster & which was the hen?  How is their temperament? We have speckled sussex & buff orps pures. I don't like the speckled sussex temperament, they are a lot meaner to the other chickens & I've had to seperate our Salmon Favorelles from them. How much is the weight gain in comparative to the pure breed?

In the first part of the thread they stated that the rooster was Speckled Sussex and the hens were Buff Orpington.

As far as temperament a lot depends in the breed line involved.

Back
Top Bottom