Loud duck!

Trimurtisan

Chief Chicken Choker
May 22, 2019
A cypress swamp in FL
We have 22 ducks in 3 breeds. Four of them are Peking, 2/2 m/f. Big Momma is her flock alpha and she squawks at anything. It's not constant like you describe, but she plays a Drakes roll with vocal chords. Is there any chance that your female is just exclaiming her alpha role?

"THIS IS MY YARD!
I POOP HERE, AND YOU POOP THERE! "
:cool::D:cool:
Here, everybody knows when something is on Big Momma's mind. She is louder than the roosters, and the neighbors on the block behind us can easily hear her.

I see you mentioning you had the original duck for 5 years, but how long have you had the new duck? If your drake just passed a month ago, they probably just need more time to get friendly.

Trimurtisan

Chief Chicken Choker
May 22, 2019
A cypress swamp in FL
Are they hurting each other? Are they eating and drinking? Are their Pooh normal? Ok, these ducks just went through big change. They are simple creatures, she had two friends, then none..now you picked this hen..she’s not willing to share her stuff and space yet...I’m sure they sleep together because that’s what animals tend to do...they only have each other, but once she’s full of energy, she’s back at the noise....it’s going to take time. Any new pet introducing takes time. Hopefully her noise level will go way back down to where it always was before, but, perhaps not as quiet, because ducks are by nature noisey. But, my feeling is that she just needs time to adjust. Things that help bring new ducks together includes feed out of your hand together...is it warm where you are...do they have a big pond or a little pool...anyway...small shared spaces help them see that sharing isn’t so bad. Keep us posted..and patient:)
:clap:goodpost::clap

Top Bottom