LOUD new chick

Loud chicks are often cold chicks. Can you turn up the heat or cut back on any drafts that might be coming in?

I agree you should not mix them with the older birds. They will accidentally trample them.

Loud chicks are often cold chicks. Can you turn up the heat or cut back on any drafts that might be coming in?

I agree you should not mix them with the older birds. They will accidentally trample them.
I put a heating pad under the metal brooder and I can feel the heat coming out...the other chicks sometimes sit halfway in and halfway out (from under the plate) so I don’t know if that will make them too hot.

When the other two eat, she sqwaks. She will walk over the food and half peck at it but not ingest much. I even crushed the crumble in addition to making it into a paste and putting scrambled egg yolks in a separate pile. No dice. She may be on a nutridrench diet for a while...I can’t figure out why she isn’t eating.

Put a flashlight on her vent - looks normal - no swelling, paste, or redness. I’m at a loss....

Back
Top Bottom