Loud Quacking

Howard-the-Duck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
Do your ducks ever get loud? You know, like they all quack in concert?
I have Rouens, Welsh Harlequin, and white layers.
Every now and then, quack... quack.... Quack, QUACK!!!!!!!!!
All at once. Kinda funny, actually.

Last edited:
Yep I get the multi-quack too. Usually while I'm trying to slip by unseen - being seen results in noise from the ducks and guilt for me until I mealworm them up!

Funny thing is, their food bowls are full, yet still the quacking.
At first, I thought they were hungry, but no. They have food.
It must be they want to call attention.
And their quack rings with such authority...
demanding my presence, as it were.
Such ducks!

yes, happy ducks are chatty. I have some of the loudest breeds going( i must be insane lol) my calls and pekin and those buffs(oye!) but i don't see it as concerning most times it literately is happy talk, only on occasion is the voice a concerned one, like one pekin female got lost the other day she was quacking enough to wake the dead, we helped her relocate the flock.

Some breeds are just quiet, my Muscovy for instance, if a lady starting honking i'd be running to see what was wrong, they just don't use that voice much.

Last edited:
First thing in the morning, when I go out to feed them and let them out, as soon as they hear me coming, QUAAAAACK wonk wonk wonk. So cute :D

I can even tell my mallard from the pekin and ancona females--it's easily one of my favorite part about having ducks. That chattiness is just so heartwarming and adorable, especially when they're eating and talking first thing out of the pen in the morning. And we have a lot of land and 3 cliques of ducks, so when they're looking for each other you hear hilarious calls too.

My girls are extremely noisy.... Seems like it's at random, but I'm not very duck savvy and likely just missing the why to all the noise. Fresh pond water always stirs up some crazy noise and everyone runs a muck and they have a pool party :)

My girls are extremely noisy.... Seems like it's at random, but I'm not very duck savvy and likely just missing the why to all the noise. Fresh pond water always stirs up some crazy noise and everyone runs a muck and they have a pool party
smile.png
smile.png

I'm a bit concerned about my little lady Campbell becoming loud. She's nearing a year old. She's normally chatty but she had started quacking REALLY loudly, the same quack she uses for when our boy is being a bit rough when mating her. Not all the time, but mostly when she sees us or its food time. At the same time she has also started running around with her head tucked in. She seems completely normal and happy otherwise, this us just such a change in character I don't know whether to be concerned. Any help would be much appreciated. X

I'm a bit concerned about my little lady Campbell becoming loud. She's nearing a year old. She's normally chatty but she had started quacking REALLY loudly, the same quack she uses for when our boy is being a bit rough when mating her. Not all the time, but mostly when she sees us or its food time. At the same time she has also started running around with her head tucked in. She seems completely normal and happy otherwise, this us just such a change in character I don't know whether to be concerned. Any help would be much appreciated. X

What do you mean by running around with her head tucked in?

Back
Top Bottom