1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Loud!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by downtownjb80, Nov 23, 2011.

1. downtownjb80

downtownjb80 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    Newton Aycliffe
    One of my girls just started laying the other day, quite a while after the others. She used to be quiet and just follow the other 5 about. There were two other girls who were a bit mouthy but not too bad. Since she started laying she never shuts up while I am around. I tried giving them treats when she was bawking but she wasn't really interested. She jumps up onto a perch in the run, looks directly at me and BAWK BAWK BAWK with her mouth wide open. What's her problem?

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Have you tried giving her a good scratching? Mine get like that when they want petted. One petting and off they go.

3. Manningjw

Manningjw Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Quote:Interesting. Can't say I have any hens that actually enjoying being pet, ours just tolerate it or squat down cause they think I am a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by