Louisiana chickens

The goats would be angry if I took their shed...There are soooo many great plans/coops on this site! My local issues are Heat, humidity, rain...and more heat.
I really like the "Desert Coop" but with a few mods:
1) Off the ground, definitely, And I want to be able to see underneath clearly. Don't like surprises, I have had creatures move in under sheds here.
2) This building will be set in the middle of my existing run/pen.
3) nest boxes off the ground, outside access.
4) some kind of tiedown system for, well, hurricanes. Not sure though, after the 2016 flood, I maybe ought to leave it float...Chicken Ark?
I will probably use some clear panels on the roof, too, I never ran power to the old pen.

The goats would be angry if I took their shed...There are soooo many great plans/coops on this site! My local issues are Heat, humidity, rain...and more heat.
I really like the "Desert Coop" but with a few mods:
1) Off the ground, definitely, And I want to be able to see underneath clearly. Don't like surprises, I have had creatures move in under sheds here.
2) This building will be set in the middle of my existing run/pen.
3) nest boxes off the ground, outside access.
4) some kind of tiedown system for, well, hurricanes. Not sure though, after the 2016 flood, I maybe ought to leave it float...Chicken Ark?
I will probably use some clear panels on the roof, too, I never ran power to the old pen.
Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Back
Top Bottom