"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Anyone have info on the Show that is to be held in BR on the 27th? I found a link on Facebook but it does not work.

Chris

2. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Does anyone know where I can rent a plucker, reasonable? I have 6 large White Holland Toms, Between 40 & 55 pounds, About 20 or so Roosters this go round(maybe next weekend,if the weather is good) and about 50 ducks in a couple of months. I could pluck them be hand, but at my age the old back isn't what it used to be. The hubby wants to make one, but I have been hearing that for the past 4 years. His "list" of want to's will take several lifetimes to do. I wish there was a teenager around this area who wanted to earn some money who wasn't afraid to work. Around these parts "if" you could find one, he wants $40 an hour and doesn't want any work that gets his hands dirty and has a cellphone implanted in his ear. I kid you not, no exaggeration.Does anyone know where I can rent a tub type plucker and will it work for turkeys?[​IMG]

3. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    What are you baiting your traps with?

4. cajun backwoods

cajun backwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    reeves, la.
    about 3 months ago i picked up 2 cuckoo maran hens that were molting so i didnt get any eggs from em till about 2 weeks ago, these hens have gotten huge and lay extra large dark brown eggs and my wife has fell in love with em, now she wants me to set her up a pen to raise pure marans just so she can get plenty of those choclate looking eggs (as my daughtor calls them), so it looks like im about to get to work on another chicken yard, im starting to think this never ends [​IMG] but i have to admit this is alot more adicting than i wouldve ever thought lol [​IMG]

5. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    We rescued a hurt goose over the weekend. I don't know why, but she can't walk very well right now. Legs are fine, so the only thing I can think if is a Niacin deficiency. Gave her some good food and put her in confinement. Look how pretty her eyes are! (don't mind the mud lol)

[​IMG]

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    She sure does have pretty eyes! what kind of goose is she?

Perfect fall day today - wish I could move my desk outside!

7. TBJumper0514

TBJumper0514 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    A guy brings me the old cakes from convenience stores to feed to my chickens, and I usually use those in the traps as well. I sometimes just use cat food. The only time recently I caught one of my cats was with the cakes, not the cat food...go figure!

8. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Most likely a sebbie mix.

9. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Good mornin' La-yers and Byc-ers too [​IMG]

Kinda cool up here in these mountains of NW Vernon parish this mornin'

It feels good about 10:00 to me LOL

Hope everbody is good and fine and have a wonderful day today.

Jeff

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Back at ya! Nice and cool this morning.

Gumbo weather. :drool

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by