"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Just to say Hi to everyone and that I live in Shreveport, actually its Blanchard, La. Go figure

Rick B.

Hey there Rick
welcome-byc.gif
glad to have another good ol' boy here on the La-yers site.
frow.gif
Yeah Blanchard, I know where it is its a big enough town to not say your from Shreveport and most would know where it is. Now Keatchie or Ebarb you may have to give a little more info on either one of those there
gig.gif
they are really out yonder in the sticks. LOL

Jeff

In case anyone is interested in stocking their freezer. I think I may have to cash in on this deal.

Meyer Hatchery

Surplus Broiler Bargain

St. Run
Each $0.83

25 for $20.75

http://meyerhatchery.com/productinf...grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID+=+'SBRS'&aid=80

Sold as surplus, could include all males, females or st. run. Hatchery choice. Take advantage of this limited time savings. This bargain is only available in lots of 25 only.

If you are looking for a fast-growing meat bird, these broilers should be your first choice. These will be ready for processing in just seven to eight weeks. These first-generation stock chicks have been selected for fast feathering, rapid growth, and carcass finish. Four pounds of weight in just seven weeks with a two- pound feed conversion and 98% livability are key features. This is the same kind of birds commercial chicken farms raise for your local grocery store.

Feed Recommendations:
Meyer Hatchery recommend feeding your babies 12 hours ON and 12 hours OFF starting at 3 weeks of age. This helps minimize the risk of heart attacks that can result from their rapid growth.

Feed Medicated 20% Chick Starter for the first 3 weeks.
Then un-Medicated 18% Broiler feed until butcher, suggested at 7 - 9 weeks of age.

(To minimize mortality and health issues, we strongly suggest processing at 7-9 weeks of age.)

Terri, how high are your roosts for your peas? I am finding out that the baby peas always look for HIGH HIGH HIGH roosts (like in PECAN TREE and HOUSE/ROOF TOP HIGH).
somad.gif
So, now I have to hurry up and build another flight pen for the new peas like the other pen that I have for the 2 boys and 2 girls.
th.gif
Yep - my babies are now roosting on TOP of their coop. We also have expansion plans underway. I figure in another year we won't have to worry about cutting the back yard because it will all be peacock territory!

Hey Julie, I saw a 'Scovy mom with ducklings in tow paddling down the bayou this morning - want I should catch them for you?
gig.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Rick B!

Jeff I've been to Ebarb - I know where that is! Love the name 'Ebarb' - looks like one of those puzzles where you unscramble the letters to make a word....

Have a good one everybody! I'm happy - it's my "Friday"!

Yep - my babies are now roosting on TOP of their coop. We also have expansion plans underway. I figure in another year we won't have to worry about cutting the back yard because it will all be peacock territory!

Hey Julie, I saw a 'Scovy mom with ducklings in tow paddling down the bayou this morning - want I should catch them for you?
gig.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Rick B!

Jeff I've been to Ebarb - I know where that is! Love the name 'Ebarb' - looks like one of those puzzles where you unscramble the letters to make a word....

Sort a like ERATH huh?
wink.png

Jeff

Terri, how high are your roosts for your peas? I am finding out that the baby peas always look for HIGH HIGH HIGH roosts (like in PECAN TREE and HOUSE/ROOF TOP HIGH). :mad: So, now I have to hurry up and build another flight pen for the new peas like the other pen that I have for the 2 boys and 2 girls. :th

Hey Julie, I saw a 'Scovy mom with ducklings in tow paddling down the bayou this morning - want I should catch them for you?:gig

:welcome  Rick B!

LOL @ peacock territory.

The peas are starting to scare me Terri. I have to keep my eye on the time because if it gets past O:peacock:30 PM, they will take it upon themselves to find the highest place possible to roost. :/

Sovies? OH no, say it ain't so. :oops: I just moved my last batch of 12 scovies to a bigger pen last night. I put a pool in the pen with them and waited to see if they could get in and out. Well, the could get in but was having trouble getting out, so I removed the pool so that they wouldn't drown. The vultures (other barn yard critters) were giving them a hard time as they were racing to their new pad.

Last edited:
LOL @ peacock territory.
The peas are starting to scare me Terri. I have to keep my eye on the time because if it gets past O:peacock:30 PM, they will take it upon themselves to find the highest place possible to roost.
hmm.png

Sovies? OH no, say it ain't so.
hide.gif
I just moved my last batch of 12 scovies to a bigger pen last night. I put a pool in the pen with them and waited to see if they could get in and out. Well, the could get in but was having trouble getting out, so I removed the pool so that they wouldn't drown. The vultures (other barn yard critters) were giving them a hard time as they were racing to their new pad.
Yep - we'll just fence the whole thing in & just let them have it all!

Sort a like ERATH huh?
wink.png

Jeff
lau.gif
Yeah, kinda like that!

Back
Top Bottom