"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Hey there Rick [​IMG] glad to have another good ol' boy here on the La-yers site. [​IMG] Yeah Blanchard, I know where it is its a big enough town to not say your from Shreveport and most would know where it is. Now Keatchie or Ebarb you may have to give a little more info on either one of those there [​IMG] they are really out yonder in the sticks. LOL

Jeff

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Howdy! :frow

Welcome to BYC!

3. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    In case anyone is interested in stocking their freezer. I think I may have to cash in on this deal.

Meyer Hatchery

Surplus Broiler Bargain

St. Run
    Each $0.83

25 for $20.75

http://meyerhatchery.com/productinf...grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID+=+'SBRS'&aid=80

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

x2

5. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Yep - my babies are now roosting on TOP of their coop. We also have expansion plans underway. I figure in another year we won't have to worry about cutting the back yard because it will all be peacock territory!

Hey Julie, I saw a 'Scovy mom with ducklings in tow paddling down the bayou this morning - want I should catch them for you?[​IMG]

[​IMG] Rick B!

Jeff I've been to Ebarb - I know where that is! Love the name 'Ebarb' - looks like one of those puzzles where you unscramble the letters to make a word....

Have a good one everybody! I'm happy - it's my "Friday"!

6. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Sort a like ERATH huh? [​IMG]

Jeff

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

LOL @ peacock territory.

The peas are starting to scare me Terri. I have to keep my eye on the time because if it gets past O:peacock:30 PM, they will take it upon themselves to find the highest place possible to roost. :/

Sovies? OH no, say it ain't so. :oops: I just moved my last batch of 12 scovies to a bigger pen last night. I put a pool in the pen with them and waited to see if they could get in and out. Well, the could get in but was having trouble getting out, so I removed the pool so that they wouldn't drown. The vultures (other barn yard critters) were giving them a hard time as they were racing to their new pad.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. cajun backwoods

cajun backwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    reeves, la.
  9. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    It's a good deal all right! I have to say, my original birds were from Meyer & I still have one at age 7 still going strong - they were all healthy & strong (predators got the other 2).

10. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Yep - we'll just fence the whole thing in & just let them have it all!

[​IMG] Yeah, kinda like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by