"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. cajun backwoods

cajun backwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    reeves, la.
    i just ordered 25 of em and they will be here between the 10th and the 12th and with shipping it was 35.38 still a good deal if you ask me, thanx abunch[​IMG]

2. WalkingWolf1

WalkingWolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Vermilion
    I resemble that remark. Erath is our own little slice of Mayberry, USA. If'n too many folks find out about us then it'll spoil the ambiance. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    That is awesome Terri! Age 7? WOW!!! :thumbsup

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Thanks for posting the total price. That is not bad at all. I agree. It's a great deal! :thumbsup

5. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    :welcome

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    It IS a pretty little town! [​IMG]

If you rearrange the letters, you get "heart" - sort of says it all, doesn't it?

7. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Yep - Chippy - my EE hen -- a veritable Methuselah of chickens! - she even still lays a big green egg now and then. I'll get a pic of her & post it - she shows her age but has always been one of the nicest hens- never causes any problems, just goes about her happy way. I have a daughter & grand-daughter of her also. Her grand-daughter is an olive-egger.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    [​IMG]From the Village of Tickfaw, LA, about 5 miles from Hammond!

9. Celie

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Thanks kuntrygirl, I just ordered 50. I usually get an email myself, but didn't, so I am so glad you posted this. I still have 3 running with the flock from last winter's shipment, 2 hens and 1 roo! they are very large and robust muscular birds, but the roo is too large breasted to mount the hens. I thought of trying AI on them to see what the outcomeofvthe mating would be. I know they come from a light cornish crossed with a white rock and probably crossed back again. If I had a cornish roo, which I don't, I would put him with the 2 hens and incubate those eggs....What do you think? Has anyone out there tried to cross using any meatbird broiler stock and what was the results? Thanks again,
    Celie

10. Celie

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    When our ducks were too young for the pond, I put up a hard plastic kiddie pool for then and they could get in, but not get out either, so I put some bricks inside the pool, around the edge for them to stand on to get out. It worked out fine, except the yard area we had it in got messy, from all the water splashing. We now have a deep end on the pond for the adults and a shallow end for the ducklings and their mamas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by