"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

It's a good deal all right! I have to say, my original birds were from Meyer & I still have one at age 7 still going strong - they were all healthy & strong (predators got the other 2).
i just ordered 25 of em and they will be here between the 10th and the 12th and with shipping it was 35.38 still a good deal if you ask me, thanx abunch
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddyfro

Sort a like ERATH huh?
wink.png

Jeff

Yep - we'll just fence the whole thing in & just let them have it all!

lau.gif
Yeah, kinda like that!
I resemble that remark. Erath is our own little slice of Mayberry, USA. If'n too many folks find out about us then it'll spoil the ambiance.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
It's a good deal all right! I have to say, my original birds were from Meyer

i just ordered 25 of em and they will be here between the 10th and the 12th and with shipping it was 35.38 still a good deal if you ask me, thanx abunch:thumbsup

Thanks for posting the total price. That is not bad at all. I agree. It's a great deal! :thumbsup

That is awesome Terri! Age 7? WOW!!!
thumbsup.gif
Yep - Chippy - my EE hen -- a veritable Methuselah of chickens! - she even still lays a big green egg now and then. I'll get a pic of her & post it - she shows her age but has always been one of the nicest hens- never causes any problems, just goes about her happy way. I have a daughter & grand-daughter of her also. Her grand-daughter is an olive-egger.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested in stocking their freezer. I think I may have to cash in on this deal.
Meyer Hatchery
Surplus Broiler Bargain
St. Run
Each $0.83
25 for $20.75

http://meyerhatchery.com/productinf...grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID+=+'SBRS'&aid=80
Thanks kuntrygirl, I just ordered 50. I usually get an email myself, but didn't, so I am so glad you posted this. I still have 3 running with the flock from last winter's shipment, 2 hens and 1 roo! they are very large and robust muscular birds, but the roo is too large breasted to mount the hens. I thought of trying AI on them to see what the outcomeofvthe mating would be. I know they come from a light cornish crossed with a white rock and probably crossed back again. If I had a cornish roo, which I don't, I would put him with the 2 hens and incubate those eggs....What do you think? Has anyone out there tried to cross using any meatbird broiler stock and what was the results? Thanks again,
Celie

LOL @ peacock territory.
The peas are starting to scare me Terri. I have to keep my eye on the time because if it gets past O:peacock:30 PM, they will take it upon themselves to find the highest place possible to roost.
hmm.png

Sovies? OH no, say it ain't so.
hide.gif
I just moved my last batch of 12 scovies to a bigger pen last night. I put a pool in the pen with them and waited to see if they could get in and out. Well, the could get in but was having trouble getting out, so I removed the pool so that they wouldn't drown. The vultures (other barn yard critters) were giving them a hard time as they were racing to their new pad.
When our ducks were too young for the pond, I put up a hard plastic kiddie pool for then and they could get in, but not get out either, so I put some bricks inside the pool, around the edge for them to stand on to get out. It worked out fine, except the yard area we had it in got messy, from all the water splashing. We now have a deep end on the pond for the adults and a shallow end for the ducklings and their mamas.

Back
Top Bottom