"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I think we may have posted about the same time this is from my previous post here: LOL

If you are just feeding for eggs, a good brand all around layer formulated feed is sufficient with a side dish of calcium supplement/oyster shell or limestone grit.

Jeff

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. AprilsFrizzles

AprilsFrizzles Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    LOL I should have know they were lying to me when they told me the Poultry Maintenance had the laying pellets in it. I was kind of skeptical about it when he told me, but I didn't think to question it anymore. Note to self, don't ask the loader what all is in the feed, ask the more experienced workers in the front [​IMG] Of course the first red flag should have been when I asked if they had a vaccine to give to chickens to keep them from getting the pox and he told me if they get he pox to put some blue goo stuff on them because that's what he uses on his chickens that he fights [​IMG]

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

You mean you have never seen your chickens standing around chatting? Maybe you didn't get the memo. :lau

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

There is a feed store near Lafayette that sells the Flockraiser pellets but for the last 4 months, the feed has been MOLDED!!! That's why I stopped doing business with them.

5. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, those little raskals!!! Sending out memos and not including me!! LOL

6. Roxanneinla

Roxanneinla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Leesville Louisiana
    [​IMG]

7. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    LOL [​IMG]

8. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Happy Halloween!! Hope everyone has a great day!![​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ya

10. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I think we crossed each other. I think I'll head to Sac's this weekend and see what they have that is the Petrus Laying Pellets and get some Oyster Shell. BTW, My Primrose had what definately looked like yolk on her comb yesterday afternoon and something clear and dried sort of stiff on her neck. My hens always lay in the nesting box and I didn't find any evidence of a broken egg in there. They don't have access to anything that looks like yolk. Think she broke and ate an egg? If so, should I just wait and see if it appears to happen again? I usually get 3 eggs in that box each day, but have had a 1 egg day, which is what I had yesterday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by