"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

You're welcome. I love making prints of my animals, so I'm sure you all would love to do the same with your family and/or animals. I made a collage of me peafowl, so that I can hang in my office. :love

My collage will be ready today after work. I will pick it up then.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Cool info about the collage - thanks!
    @ work & worrying about my Mal, who is undergoing ACL surgery today - I'll bring him home tomorrow.
    Meanwhile, battling headache & chills & sore throat & hoping this isn't a cold setting in! As soon as my boss gets in after lunch I think I'm going to the house.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    So today is the day for Mal? Try not to worry too much. Everything will be just fine.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hurry home and get in bed. Hope you feel better.

4. Garilyn Bardash

Garilyn Bardash Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    I got mine at Carencro Feed store, i think it is a 40 lb. bag, their feed prices are very reasonable too! a large bag of shavings was around $6 I think!
    http://www.poultrytonic.com/CarencroFeed/ i haven't asked about gmo free feeds, look on your code on the bag, if it starts with an 8 it is a gmo feed! also if it ends with an 8 too!

5. Garilyn Bardash

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    get some zinc and take that and vit. C. the zinc will help to shorten the length of your cold. if you start coughing go to walmart and buy some Delsym cough suppressant, it will control your cough for almost 12 hours allowing you to get some needed sleep. hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself! http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20110215/zinc-may-prevent-and-shorten-colds

6. Garilyn Bardash

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    I downloaded Picasa from google, it is free and is an easy to use program. it has facial recognition and creates pencil drawings. i scanned old dark photos and it lightened them up enough to even see people on the sofa in the back ground of the photo. it also does collages too!
    picasa.google.com a setting came up and asked me what pictures to open with picasa and i set them all to load with picasa, after you save your picture to a file, open up that picture and click on it. at the bottom of the screen it will say to edit with picasa. your picture will open in a new window ready to be edited. be sure to go to file and save as a new picture. very easy using the tabs at the top of the page, hope you will give this program a try, fun to use and easy too. free and safe is the best part!

7. Garilyn Bardash

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    [​IMG]

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I just talked to them - he made it through his surgery just fine & is doing well, coming out of anesthesia. He should be cleared to come home tomorrow morning.

Talked to my Mom & she thinks I'm reacting to the flu shot- we both went & got ours last Friday - she says she felt like this the past couple of days (but is better today).

9. Garilyn Bardash

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    glad to hear that his surgery went well and that he will be home soon! when i took a flu shot, i got sick as a dog! could well be a reaction to the shot! hope you feel better soon!

10. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What is DE? I'm obviously slower than you Joshua!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by