"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. AprilsFrizzles

AprilsFrizzles Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    That makes 2 of us haha

2. Roxanneinla

Roxanneinla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Leesville Louisiana
    DE is Diatomaceous Earth

I have used in there food for my animals, sprinkle in and around there area. Also pour it on ant hills to kill them, take a day or so but it works. You can by it at the tractor supply store. http://www.tractorsupply.com/red-la...s-earth-with-calcium-bentonite-20-lb--1019864

Just popping in to say hi and bye i have to go to my dads funeral back in the midwest. Won't be on for a while.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  3. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    I am sorry for your loss.[​IMG] Please have a safe trip!

4. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    X2 [​IMG]

5. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    x3 So sorry for your loss

6. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    TSC Chicken Swap ad:

We are having a chicken sale and swap at tractor supply on highway 190--in Opelousas on November 4th from 8:00 to 12:00-- it is free to setup and sale just bring you animals-tables-canopy top -chairs -water for your animals or just come out and visit with everybody and see what we have for sale for info call Larry at 337-945-2804

7. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Be there or be square! [​IMG]

8. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    I see I am not the only old fart around here ! Grovy. [​IMG]

9. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    I have a secret actually... I am only wise beyond my years. [​IMG]

--

I am excited about my additional news for the day... Besides my earlier posts about The Central Louisiana Poultry Club and my Wing Buddy program...
    ...Full of suprises today...
    Tomorrow afternoon the vet is coming out from Lake Charles (a little under and hour from us) to do the blood tests on our flock for our NPIP Certification.
    Let me follow that with the amount of work it has taken to complete said task.[​IMG]

I have been wanting/planning on taking a few birds up the the Haynesville show on the 17th. Well everyone knows you need a heath certificate.
    In order to get a heath certificate you need to have an NPIP number for the flock the bird originated from within the past 12 months.
    I raised my birds and have no NPIP number. I also just moved to Louisiana in Feb.[​IMG]
    I started calling every vet within an hour to get a health certificate on my birds. They ALL acated like I had lost my mind... No one wanted to help, or draw the papers. I was baffled, coming from the horse industry health papers were SIMPLE, call the vet, they come out, check out the horse and done. Apparently not so much with chickens...[​IMG]
    I had heard the blood draw was no worth the time/expenses of most vets, but didn't realize I would be met with such resistance.
    Soooooo I called the state.
    They had to call in a vet they knew would do it.
    I had to set up an appointment with him. -- He comes tomorrow.
    He will then draw blood on a percentage of the flock and let the state know when it is complete and if all is good.[​IMG]
    Then they will hopefully give me my NPIP number.
    THEN I take that to another vet, plus my birds... The vet will then smile, nod, look at the bird, write my number down, and bam! What feels like a million years later, I am done.[​IMG]

Tomorrow I will be one step closer though...
    Just keep smiling, just keep smiling, just keep smiling.... Sometimes I sing that to the kiddos at school when I get tense, and it seems to work...trying it at home now. [​IMG]

10. jt farm

jt farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Evangeline, Louisiana
    thanks for the informationn, and I am sorry for your loss our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. Be safe and have a safe trip

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by