"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA

Ive been needing to change my signature. Jerezano's are Spanish gamefowl. A lot of spanish fowl are named for the area there from

2. LAchickenMESS

LAchickenMESS Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2012
    Anyone in need of a white rock roo? We have one that is 6 weeks old. Sad he is a roo, but know the best thing for our flock is to keep it to one rooster, our BO boy. The WR is a beautiful little guy that is bigger than our BO or EE were at that age. Will take a good pic if anyone is interested.

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Good morning La-yers! hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving! We spent a quite day yesterday snacking on leftovers. Kind of on the cool-ish side this morning. A good day to clean out the coop & lay in some new shavings. Has anybody tried the PDZ in their coop - that stuff you use in horse stalls? I noticed Tractor Supply has it.

'Bator is rocking along & I'm hoping for a good hatch in 2 weeks. Might candle tonight & see if I can see anything (if it's like my usual luck - nope)!

OK have a good one everybody!

4. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Good morning Terri and the rest of ya'll La-yers and BYC-ers too [​IMG]

I have read on a couple of post where people have used the PDZ in their coops with good results. I only use lime every so often esp under the brooder coops when I have large congregations in them and the flys are bad. My other coops are wide open so I never have smelly issues with them of course what may not stink to me might just floor others LOL as I have had many, many years of experience working in broiler houses and the aromatics are just divine [​IMG] in those we all know, LOL smells like lots of money(spent) LOL

Jeff

5. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Pics from today:
    baby peas are growing up -- Amtrak & Acela:

[​IMG]
    & big peas are getting bigger:
    [​IMG]
    & chickens are enjoying scratching among the lemon tree
    [​IMG]

6. Garilyn Bardash

Garilyn Bardash Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    My parents put mothballs in a butter container with a few rocks in it. place it on the top of the hood, cats hate the smell!

7. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Thank you for posting that suggestion -- I will for sure be trying it out!!! I'm SO tired of cat prints all over my car hood, & cat pee running down the windshield. I have nothing against the feral cats; they need a home & a place to eat, too -- & I don't mind providing that -- I'd just like them to stay off of my car, leave my "official" outside cat Minou alone, and allow themselves to be trapped & neutered/spayed so they don't propagate -- other than that, they can hang out here forever.

8. Garilyn Bardash

Garilyn Bardash Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2012
    Lafayette/Carencro
    Beware, you will have the old lady smell lol. the old people used to use moth balls around their clothes and they had that old lady smell, lmao!

9. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    hey I'd rather have "old lady smell" then cat pee & prints all over my car! [​IMG]

10. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Romeo & D'artagnan are going to be really nice-looking this year! they are finally getting some tailfeathers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by