"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Here is a pic of Prince the peacock. This little joker is fast on his feet. He zig zags as he runs away from you. :/

Think he's giving you serious stink-eye in that first pic!  :lau

Oh yea, he was NOT a happy camper when I told him to stand still so that I could take his pic. He was like, "WHATEVER! HURRY UP WILL YA". He was ready to get off of that gate and soar around the yard like an eagle.

if anyone has any or knows anyone who has a female "grey goose" (that's how he described it) for sale, please let me know. Someone I know came to my house wanting to buy a female but I don't sell any of my adults. I only sell babies.

Good morning La-yers -- chilly & bleak here. I'm not complaining though - I checked the weather of family & friends & my friend in NYC is battling 30 & light snow/sleet & my MIL in Wisconsin is at a balmy 19 & the high today to be 32. Oh yeah, they can have that & keep it there!

Hey Jeff did your New Hamps ever start laying yet? depending on how my hatch goes next week, I might do one more batch. I candled & spotted some clears in my RIRs so maybe my roo has too many hens to keep up with. Couldn't spot anything in the Welsummers but they're shipped eggs anyway so it all depends on luck of the USPS.

My cousin dismantled his fall decorations so all the poultry got many pumpkins which made them very happy, plus 2 bales of hay.

Two of my Ameracaunas have become very, very bad chickens - they have taken to roosting somewhere outside at night & not coming in w/the flock. I looked around w/a flashlight last night but they are both wheaton color & blend in so well I couldn't spot them. This morning for the 2nd time they were hanging arount outside the run, waiting for me to open the gate so they could go in w/the rest when I opened the coop for the day. Very foolish idea on their part as we've been hearing a lot of owls lately.

Have a good one everybody!

The rain woke me up last night. It rained hard and the thunder was loud. I'm glad that I moved the sheep back to their other pen where they have a shed to go in and get out of the rain. I"ll have to move them back to their other area today I guess.

It's wet outside!!!!!!!! :(

Good morning everyone.
Terri, how many hens do you have for your RIR roo?
Sounds like you have some escapees over there Terri. I hope the owls stay far away from them.
15 hens, so he has his hands full, so to speak. He's a good roo- he's good to the hens - I like him better than any roo I've ever had. He's scared to death of my cranky old Marans hen Myrtle - won't go near her. She growls at him like a dog.
lau.gif

Every Ameracauna I've ever had has been flighty like that & it wouldn't be the first time an owl has gotten one who decided to "run wild" and not come in at night. I don't know what gets into the silly things.

We had a couple of storms like that last night. We needed the rain but not all at once!

Ad for the Chicken Sales:

We are having a chicken sale and swap at tractor supply on highway 190--in Opelousas on december 2nd from 8:00 to 12:00-- it is free to setup and sale just bring you animals-tables-canopy top -chairs -water for your animals or just come out and visit with everybody and see what we have for sale --there's also a chicken sale on December 16th at tractor Suppy in breaux bridge from 8:00 to 12:00

Ad for the Chicken Sales:

We are having a chicken sale and swap at tractor supply on highway 190--in Opelousas on december 2nd from 8:00 to 12:00-- it is free to setup and sale just bring you animals-tables-canopy top -chairs -water for your animals or just come out and visit with everybody and see what we have for sale --there's also a chicken sale on December 16th at tractor Suppy in breaux bridge from 8:00 to 12:00

Has anyone on this thread ever attended a chicken sale at the TSC in Opelousas?

Back
Top Bottom