"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

They are an alternative to those Caymen* black Indonesian chickens.

They have black skin but not black meat like the other ones that do, I believe. Lol no golden eggs, in fact while better layers than the rarer Indonesian ones they still hardly lay compared to our more common breeds. :/ novelty buy in our book, I'd buy more land before a pair of chickens. :gig

I am pretty sure that these ones have black meat too. There was a juvenile pair sold on rare breed auctions in November, 2013. Final price was $1,999.00 for the pair.

They have black skin but not black meat like the other ones that do, I believe. Lol no golden eggs, in fact while better layers than the rarer Indonesian ones they still hardly lay compared to our more common breeds. :/ novelty buy in our book, I'd buy more land before a pair of chickens. :gig

I am pretty sure that these ones have black meat too. There was a juvenile pair sold on rare breed auctions in November, 2013. Final price was $1,999.00 for the pair.

Did anyone buy them?

Same here. Land before more chickens.

Same here. Land before more chickens.

I can think of LOTS of things I can do with $5 grand besides buying rare chickens!
tongue.png

I'm going home & put on a pot of chili. I've been cold all day.

:lau Yes! More chickies $ lol

One of my aunts by marriage up north was baiting me into a drawn out "haha" by telling me my super duper eggs I was egg-cited about were same as her store eggs but least they are free :thu
Biggest lie ever...free eggs :gig

A customer that just bought chickens saw the blue eggs and asked if we were collecting robin eggs. Hehe I told her they're same as other eggs - only blue shelled. She paid $3 for SIX (all that was in box) I didn't want to do it :lau they were mine, but $3?! Ok! Lol

My egg customers love the blue and green eggs. The look on peoples faces when they haven't seen them before is priceless. Most don't know eggs come in colors. The other question I get is why are the yokes bright orange ?

Can't wait to get my legbars and see the blue.

Poor robin that has to lay a chicken egg. Hahaha!

My egg customers love the blue and green eggs. The look on peoples faces when they haven't seen them before is priceless. Most don't know eggs come in colors. The other question I get is why are the yokes bright orange ?

Can't wait to get my legbars and see the blue.

Poor robin that has to lay a chicken egg. Hahaha!

My sweet Amercaunas are really laying now, just about everyday. Their eggs are so bright and beautiful. They look like porcelain to me. Really lovely and now I have just about as many green as brown.

Back
Top Bottom