"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

fl.gif
SO CUTE!!! She's done a great job so far! With you providing "a little extra", she should be just fine. Keep us posted.

x2 Keep up the good work.
thumbsup.gif

No a bad note. Lost my baby I tried to save this morning. So down 4 out of 7 on the Delaware. Bad Batch. bummed

Last edited:
Everyone has been busy today, I see! New babies...chicks dying...and the always present - can I haggle you into giving me that because I am entitled!! Haha
I just moved my chick crew into an enormous cardboard box because if what my daughter refers to as 'gang wars' and 'gang violence' going on in the brooder!
And i left work to get some painting done while the rain is off the radar!

:yuckyuck :gig
Gang wars! Haha! Your daughter is funny. And I needed a good laugh!! Pam

Anyone use nipple waterers for their chickens? My husband saw some last week at Petrus and I was able to grab them today. They have buckets that have 4 nipples installed on the bottom, with a lid that has a bung hole and plug. I also grabbed a pkg of just plain nipples 4 to a pkg. I think they would be great to install in small pitchers for my brooders. I think it would be GREAT to have no more wood chips kicked in the babies water.

I need tips for getting my girls to go for this.

So sad about the Delawares. It's never easy to see fluffy butts die.
Great mom and chicks. Kuntrygirl loves the sight when it's not her place. Lol
Nice to see the sun today. Wouldn't mind enough of that to get some work done.

Such a busy thread the last few days! I think I'm going to read backwards. I did skim over the last couple of pages.

So sorry about the Delaware chicks! It's so sad and frustrating to lose them like that.

The pic with mom and new chicks is adorable! What breed is she? Cutie!

It is very frustrating when people want something for nothing. They just don't realize how much time and money is invested in raising an animal.

Lemon- all I use in my brooders is nipple waterers. I use vitamin water bottles because the cap is sturdy enough to screw the nipples in. I wrap wire around the bottle and use it for a hanger. I either hang them over the side of the short inside brooders (storage bins) or hang them from an eye screw in the larger outdoor brooder. Awesome!

Anyone use nipple waterers for their chickens?  My husband saw some last week at Petrus and I was able to grab them today.  They have buckets that have 4 nipples installed on the bottom, with a lid that has a bung hole and plug.  I also grabbed a pkg of just plain nipples 4 to a pkg.  I think they would be great to install in small pitchers for my brooders.  I think it would be GREAT to have no more wood chips kicked in the babies water.

I need tips for getting my girls to go for this.

We bought some a few months ago. I really like them. We bought the a few four packs. We screwed a couple in water bottle caps screwed then in 2 quart bottles . Poked a hole in the bottom of the bottle then duct taped it to side or brooder . Today Ron took some more and attached to PVC pipe. I really love not cleaning out the waters 3 to 4 times a day. An no drinking dirty water an less waist. Pam

We bought some a few months ago. I really like them. We bought the a few four packs. We screwed a couple in water bottle caps screwed then in 2 quart bottles . Poked a hole in the bottom of the bottle then duct taped it to side or brooder . Today Ron took some more and attached to PVC pipe. I really love not cleaning out the waters 3 to 4 times a day. An no drinking dirty water an less waist. Pam

Going shopping tomorrow to get buckets. I ordered 10 nipples and the weird size bit for the screwdriver. Supposedly it won't leak. With my luck lately, I don't trust anything.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom