"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Ok, so the box is no good. Y'all know those things like a trailer men have behind their lawn mower? Well, 2 mowers ago we had one, kept it. So, I put the box in there, then used a slat of tin over it to break the wind n privacy. The mom can get out, but with the 16 inch sides, babies can't. So a waterer and tin plate of baby food and NOW, they seem safe and content. This is under the shed, so no rain on them either. When it rains under the porch of where it floods, why I moved them. But, when moving, found one n pic abandoned. Think it hatched last by moving capabilities, and had gotten cold, almost dead. Heck, 2 hours in the bator, I took a pic n put it back in w Mama. Went right under her wing! So hopefully, she accepts.

Cadjien_De_Louisiane -

We never raised pygmy goats, but we did raise Alpines and Boers. The main thing with goats is they eat anything and I mean ANY thing!! The smaller ones are prone to getting too fat if fed too much grain so make sure they get what they need without over doing it. We had to trim their hooves from time to time and it really isn't that difficult, but other than one getting it's head stuck in the square wire fencing they were very easy to take care of. If you have trees where they will be they'll keep them trimmed to the height they can reach on their back legs, which makes a place look super awesome!

Good luck with them, they sure are cute!

Ok, so the box is no good. Y'all know those things like a trailer men have behind their lawn mower? Well, 2 mowers ago we had one, kept it. So, I put the box in there, then used a slat of tin over it to break the wind n privacy. The mom can get out, but with the 16 inch sides, babies can't. So a waterer and tin plate of baby food and NOW, they seem safe and content. This is under the shed, so no rain on them either. When it rains under the porch of where it floods, why I moved them. But, when moving, found one n pic abandoned. Think it hatched last by moving capabilities, and had gotten cold, almost dead. Heck, 2 hours in the bator, I took a pic n put it back in w Mama. Went right under her wing! So hopefully, she accepts.

Oh, give us an update on that poor little thing! So glad you found it :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just bought two male pygmy goats a couple weeks ago. Anyone have any tips, they have a 20x20 pen fenced in with shelter, water, and hay that I lock them up in at night, also covered with poultry netting, pen I robbbed from my chickens, plus an addition bout 20x30 pen with longer vegetation to eat throughout the day. Does anyone feed grains?

They are toooooooooo cute!!!! Yes, I feed grains as well as hay and they graze.

Let me know when you find them on your vehicle or house. :oops: :gig

At that age, they heal quick! :gig just teasing

It's a rough sport but an awesome one and starting out now will teach them the game well without too much roughness because of ages and rules for age groups and such. :) I'd let mine do it if they wanted to but mine aren't quite that old yet... I can't wait for sports! Real sports lol

Anyone know about, or have an opinion about kids (8 and 12) playing lacrosse?  I think my boys are going to go try a practice or two this week.  I need to educate myself QUICK!!!

Good morning Peeps. I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday and will have a great day today.

My "What happened" moment happened yesterday when I was checking my surveillance cameras before going to be and I noticed that the position of one of the cameras on the back side of the house had been moved. After rewinding the tape to see what happened, I was shocked at what I saw next. The pictures tell it all. :/

Going............

Going................

Gone.................... BAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SILLY WILLY duck flew into the camera. After she flew into it, I noticed that the view of the position changed.

So this is the sorta foolishness that goes on when I'm at work.

Why me? :idunno

Aflack! When you need cash for busted surveillance equip :lau ! :gig
Good morning Peeps. I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday and will have a great day today.

My "What happened" moment happened yesterday when I was checking my surveillance cameras before going to be and I noticed that the position of one of the cameras on the back side of the house had been moved. After rewinding the tape to see what happened, I was shocked at what I saw next. The pictures tell it all. :/

Going............

Going................

Gone.................... BAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SILLY WILLY duck flew into the camera. After she flew into it, I noticed that the view of the position changed.

So this is the sorta foolishness that goes on when I'm at work.

Why me? :idunno

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just bought two male pygmy goats a couple weeks ago. Anyone have any tips, they have a 20x20 pen fenced in with shelter, water, and hay that I lock them up in at night, also covered with poultry netting, pen I robbbed from my chickens, plus an addition bout 20x30 pen with longer vegetation to eat throughout the day. Does anyone feed grains?

I heard they are happier if they have something to climb on, like a pile of sawed up tree trunks or anything like that that they can climb. Never put your car in there. Lol

Back
Top Bottom