"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Same to you Pam! :hugs

Thank you! Can't wait to see you again. News flash my lemon coukoo's Neiddhiners are pure. Hatching eggs available now and chicks to come. Pam

:eek:

I told you I'm bringing my extra $$$! :weee

When I asked DH if I should get eggs or not he said "I don't care." So that means "hey, buy what makes you happy!" Right?! :lau :lau

Last edited:
I am looking for blue Marans. Do you think you could send me the breeders info? I saw your post on blue Wheatons. I would go for that too.

Hello, welcome! The best wheaten Marans I've seen come from Marans Unlimited. Beverley and her sister are constantly winning shows with them and they have blue Wheatens as well. April Howington has blues and blue wheaten. You can find April at www.texasmarans.com. The blue egg color is really dark, the blues and blacks typically have the best egg color for dark eggs. Not always true. You can also look up Julie Akers on Facebook, she receives her birds directly from Bev Davis as do each of these breeders. Her are some of Julie's eggs. Hers are in the basket, she hosted a Marans egg show recently.

Hope this helps!

HAPPY EASTER! To all of my peeps! Cody did your eggs stop tasting fishy? I hope so if so what did you do to make them taste better? Hope everyone has the best day ever. Pam

Hey Pam.
So far no more off tasting eggs. I had a hen die around the time some were tasting bad so wonder if she had something going on.

My Bieles range down to my house now and I sometimes give them unsalted peanuts. Now their eggs are tasting like peanut butter.
lau.gif
(kidding)

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a good Easter. The weather was absolutely stunning up here but my aunt in BR told me that it rained all day yesterday down there. One problem with country life is no internet hence the delayed Easter wishes.

Thank you for the ideas on incubating the eggs that will be here Wednesday. One question, my dry humidity is 48%. Is that too low for the first week or so? I've read that I need to take the humidity up for the last part of the incubation to compensate for the lower water available in the egg. Some of the sites suggest 60%. Does that sound about right?

I think that someone (Pam?) mentioned allowing the eggs to sit for 3 days after laying. I assume that since these will be at least 3 days old by the time I get them that maybe only 1 day would be ok?

Sorry for all the questions. Some of the information on the threads seem to contradict. Thanks!

Good morning all!  I hope everyone had a good Easter.  The weather was absolutely stunning up here but my aunt in BR told me that it rained all day yesterday down there.  One problem with country life is no internet hence the delayed Easter wishes.

Thank you for the ideas on incubating the eggs that will be here Wednesday.  One question, my dry humidity is 48%.  Is that too low for the first week or so?  I've read that I need to take the humidity up for the last part of the incubation to compensate for the lower water available in the egg.  Some of the sites suggest 60%.   Does that sound about right?

I think that someone (Pam?) mentioned allowing the eggs to sit for 3 days after laying.  I assume that since these will be at least 3 days old by the time I get them that maybe only 1 day would be ok?

Sorry for all the questions.  Some of the information on the threads seem to contradict.  Thanks!

I'm assuming your talking about shipped eggs. It wasn't me who said wait 3 days. When I get shipped eggs I let them settle for 24 hours before setting. The humidity is fine at this time in your hatch. It can go as low as 30%. What breed are you hatching? Some have different needs if Marans You wouldn't add water at any time. Pam

Back
Top Bottom