"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

If anyone is every interested in tips on saving money and living frugal, please join us on the frugal thread. There are a lot of good ideas on saving money, spending wisely, shopping tips. Just a bunch of money saving conscious people over there. Hope to see you there.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/506813/just-curious-who-else-is-living-super-frugal

I could see you as being an  A+/#1 participant too LOL(J/K) no seriously! :gig

Jeff

hey you requested my presesence back right? thought so. LOL:)

Ps Oh yeah hey there La-yers and Bycers and Julie too:frow

:yuckyuck

:lau :lau :la

LOL @ and Julie too. :lau

He's baaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! :lau :lau :la

Hi everyone!!
frow.gif

Hope all has been well with you all!!
Hey there Missy
frow.gif
all's good here, how bout your end, and whatcha been adooin'?

Jeff

Hey there Missy
frow.gif
all's good here, how bout your end, and whatcha been adooin'?

Jeff
Just been aworkin and alivin Jeff!! Seems like there's not enough hours in the day to get everything done!! Trying to keep the chickens, turkeys & guineas dry since this weathers been so nasty. Feel so bad since there in so much mud but we're trying to rectify that. Been looking for a builder to build the new chicken coop. I'm hoping we can find someone soon!!

How have you been??

Almost forgot to update on the refrigerated turkey eggs. Everything is going fine. The temps have been perfect as well as the humidity. There was one day that I had forgotten to check on the humidity and it had dropped down to 20 but I got some water in there quickly. Lockdown is on Saturday and hatching should commence next Tuesday. I have never candled because dummy me does not know how to candle.
hide.gif
Everything smells fine. No rotten smells.
I will update everyone next week when they are scheduled to hatch. I hope that I have some "cool" turkeys (the refrigerated turkey eggs)
lau.gif
That's so cool! (pun intended)
lau.gif
looking forward to your hatch!
Hi everyone!!
frow.gif

Hope all has been well with you all!!
Hi Missy! good to hear from you!
frow.gif

I purchased 100 shoe covers from Amazon and they were only $9.00. When I was taking care of that old man's sick chickens, I put on my protective equipment. I did not step foot out of my truck into his yard until I had my shoe covers on. I had gloves and a full plastic apron on top of my clothes. I looked like a member of the Haz Mat team.
lau.gif
I visited his house 2 times a day for a about 10 days and I never strayed away from my biosecurity steps. I was PARANOID about bringing any disease back to my flock. I couldn't tell the old man that I wasn't going to help him for being fearful, so I made sure that I was suited up. When I was done with his chickens, I removed my protective equipment and shoes before I got back in my truck. I put everything in a garbage bag and sealed it. I tossed the bag at a gas station down the road. I didn't even bring it back to my house. When I got home, I immediately took my clothes off and washed my clothes before going into my chicken yard.
I have had people to look at me funny and with stares when I tell them that they have to put on all of this stuff but I don't care. If they don't want to then GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDENS. It ain't worth it buddy. That includes no spitting in my yard.
sickbyc.gif
hide.gif
That's just a little lagniappe biosecutiry for the birds safety.
tongue.png
TMI - too much information huh? Yea, I know.
big_smile.png

You can never be too careful.
That's funny you mentioned a haz mat suit. When I worked in an oil refinery, Hazmat was one of the 150 certifications that were required. After about 40 hours in the classroom, we went to City park in N.O. for our physical testing. When we got there, the instructors had thrown out some pop corn that we were to pretend was a hazardous waste spill, we had to clean up. We put on what looked like space suits, with the gloves duct taped around the wrists and the shoe covers taped around the ankles and air tanks on our backs, to fish out the popcorn, before it was all eaten by the ducks. Even though the instructors were not in any protective clothing and the ducks were eating the popcorn, no matter how many times the instructors told the onlookers it was only a drill and no danger, everyone cleared out really fast!!!LOL
gig.gif

I purchased 100 shoe covers from Amazon and they were only $9.00. When I was taking care of that old man's sick chickens, I put on my protective equipment. I did not step foot out of my truck into his yard until I had my shoe covers on. I had gloves and a full plastic apron on top of my clothes. I looked like a member of the Haz Mat team. :lau I visited his house 2 times a day for a about 10 days and I never strayed away from my biosecurity steps. I was PARANOID about bringing any disease back to my flock. I couldn't tell the old man that I wasn't going to help him for being fearful, so I made sure that I was suited up. When I was done with his chickens, I removed my protective equipment and shoes before I got back in my truck. I put everything in a garbage bag and sealed it. I tossed the bag at a gas station down the road. I didn't even bring it back to my house. When I got home, I immediately took my clothes off and washed my clothes before going into my chicken yard.

I have had people to look at me funny and with stares when I tell them that they have to put on all of this stuff but I don't care. If they don't want to then GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDENS. It ain't worth it buddy. That includes no spitting in my yard. :sick :oops: That's just a little lagniappe biosecutiry for the birds safety. :p TMI - too much information huh? Yea, I know. :D

You can never be too careful.

That's funny you mentioned a haz mat suit. When I worked in an oil refinery, Hazmat was one of the 150 certifications that were required. After about 40 hours in the classroom, we went to City park in N.O. for our physical testing. When we got there, the instructors had thrown out some pop corn that we were to pretend was a hazardous waste spill, we had to clean up. We put on what looked like space suits, with the gloves duct taped around the wrists and the shoe covers taped around the ankles and air tanks on our backs, to fish out the popcorn, before it was all eaten by the ducks. Even though the instructors were not in any protective clothing and the ducks were eating the popcorn, no matter how many times the instructors told the onlookers it was only a drill and no danger, everyone cleared out really fast!!!LOL  :gig

:yuckyuck

:lau

Love it. I would have loved to see that. Too funny! :gig

Just been aworkin and alivin Jeff!! Seems like there's not enough hours in the day to get everything done!! Trying to keep the chickens, turkeys & guineas dry since this weathers been so nasty. Feel so bad since there in so much mud but we're trying to rectify that. Been looking for a builder to build the new chicken coop. I'm hoping we can find someone soon!!

How have you been??

Fine and just waiting on this weather to clear up some. I really don't care much for this stuff. I like it hot and sweaty as can be,me! anyway don't be a stranger for so long this time and I hope you find someone to help you out soon get that pen and coop rasied up on a bed of sand and you'll be forevermore happier(birds too) for sure.

Hey Terri just thought I'd let you know I saw a NH hen on the nest the other day things are looking up, here!

Jeff

Ps I got my buff barreds and buff columbian girls from my brother, he finally got them transferred from Missouri to Ark. then here to me after about 4 months of waiting, gonna be some serious experimental activities and carrying on here in a month or so. 'bout at or near Valentines day, seems to be about the right accord and spirit for such goings ons, LOL LOL

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom