"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I know my bunch has been carrying on more so than usual here the past couple of days. Maybe just maybe I might get an egg or two out of that youngin this spring?

We have a fox here that's been terrorizing mine and neighbors animals as of late.anyway her Daddy my cousins hubby and next door neighbor that's a pain in my rumpside over my animals just asked if the fox had gotten any of my chickens I said a few he said good maybe he'll get some of those screaming roosters.

Well, Oh NO He DIDN"T insert>head-bob/neck-weave/lip-biting/snarling-tooth/eh take that -smile<here he just opened up an even more better excuse to start getting the posts set to redo my coop/hen house and run right next to the property line fence(closer to where it used to be) of the backyards. This will be where I'm moving the peas to, about fifty or so roosters an gonna get me some turkeys and ducks(the noisiest ones) guineas maybe even gooses too and when he comes to ask what I'm doing? I'm telling him "I'm building a HOG/GOAT PEN here right next to your deck and swimming pool"!, and might still do that too if he don't learn to keep his blasted trap shut up.
smack.gif

Jeff
it is possible that you could get an egg or two come later on -- the breeding season lasts until late summer, so yes, it could happen.
Had some dude down the road come up making noise a couple years ago about my 8 roosters I had at the time plus the fact his neighbor had hogs -- I told him, -- that's why I live here -- so I can raise ELEPHANTS if I want to! - this land has been in my family over 100 years & we're not going anywhere & we'll raise what ever we want to, so NO - not signing any 'petitions' or anything else.
Haven't heard from him since. Good riddance.

it is possible that you could get an egg or two come later on -- the breeding season lasts until late summer, so yes, it could happen.
Had some dude down the road come up making noise a couple years ago about my 8 roosters I had at the time plus the fact his neighbor had hogs -- I told him, -- that's why I live here -- so I can raise ELEPHANTS if I want to! - this land has been in my family over 100 years & we're not going anywhere & we'll raise what ever we want to, so NO - not signing any 'petitions' or anything else.
Haven't heard from him since. Good riddance.

I just told Momma this morning sounds like Larry(the neighbor) needs to move to one of those gated communities but then too they wouldn't tolerate his incessant booming speakers coming from his "so called music studio"
wink.png
he'd get kicked out of the HOA and neighborhood in a New York second.

I like you Terrie am on land that was homesteaded by my forefathers and mothers way over a hundred years ago. Larry is the foreigner here he came in here and moved right into a place that's a cow pasture full of Bull shizum, chickens and barnyards. and yes they smell and sound just like the country life should IMO. That's his problem, and he knew where he was coming to then.

He's just your typical Richard Cranium or Fornicating Anus take from those names what you will LOL

Jeff

PS another country life story I found funny about 16 years ago. I moved up north to Ark. for a adventure in life (I was young then I was testing the water/more like sowing wild oats really) any how my friend up there I met through family and aquaintences. He and I became real good buddies in just a short time we hit it off. anyway he lived about 13 or so miles out side of the metro area of Springdale/Fayetteville areas. One day one of his newer neighbors came over to visit with a question for him and wanted him to help out by signing or voting on something another to do with the smell. Well that's another story all in itself because up in that part of the world is the home of Tyson Foods and a few other of the bigger but lesser known name brand growers of poultry,hogs and beef. Well they have to have a place to dispose of the fecal matter from all those multi-hundreds of thousand poss. millions of animals excrete daily. Well out where this guy had moved to from the town area and where my friend lived were miles upon miles of cow/hay pastures and they would take and spread all that poopey/ liquid and dry and eggshells and non hatched eggs by the thousands at a time from the hatchery for the the broiler industry. So yes it got a little smelly at times esp when the wind would change a blow from those directions, anyway he asked my friend what could be done about all that? he told him TO MOVE BACK TO TOWN" simple as that.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for all of the extreme SE Louisiana folks.

The first ever Chicken Swap/Sale will be taking place from 10-2 at J & B Feed Store at 8213 East St. Bernard Highway in St. Bernard (just south of Violet) this Sunday, May 26th.

No fee for vendors and the feed store has agreed to open for the event. Hope anyone who lives in the area is able to come out!

Oh, also, a new swap is being planned at the St. Tammany Parish Fairgrounds under the covered livestock arena. The first one will be held on June 23rd, but we are still working on the exact time: We are thinking 9-1 or something around that time frame. I will post when we have more definite details!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I had another lamb that was born early this morning. That makes 3. I think I have 2 left that have to deliver. I took a pic but I won't post it because it is gross being as though it just popped out of mom. I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast this morning. I'll post a pic this weekend. She was cleaning it up this morning.

The other lamb is doing good. It has been taking the bottle like a champ. It sucked 2 ounces of milk last night and this morning it sucked 5 1/2 ounces of milk. I was surprised this morning when I got close to her, she immediately stood up, walked up to me and started to lick my leg as if she was looking for the place to suck. I guess that's a good sign. :)

I had another lamb that was born early this morning. That makes 3. I think I have 2 left that have to deliver. I took a pic but I won't post it because it is gross being as though it just popped out of mom. I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast this morning. I'll post a pic this weekend. She was cleaning it up this morning.

The other lamb is doing good. It has been taking the bottle like a champ. It sucked 2 ounces of milk last night and this morning it sucked 5 1/2 ounces of milk. I was surprised this morning when I got close to her, she immediately stood up, walked up to me and started to lick my leg as if she was looking for the place to suck. I guess that's a good sign.
smile.png
That's great news! If you decide to get rid of any ewe lambs later then let me know! I'm looking to add a few by the end of the year.

Also, I have 10 large fowl brown egg layer chicks (BCM roo over Black Sex Link hens) that hatched last weekend if anyone wants them! Free to whomever wants to come pick them up from Iowa. Should make some great layers!

Back
Top Bottom