"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

bayouchick76:
I am from Patterson Louisiana
welcome-byc.gif

Hey all
frow.gif
Hope you all are staying cool.

Wow, its been rough around here for the people......thankfully all the pets are doing good. All of us have been taking turns have this bad summer cold that results in fever and bronchitis. Both kids have been on antibiotics, breathing treatments with a nebulizer and other meds. Now the kids have "shared" their germs with me......I guess I give to many kisses. I decided to try some Echinacea from the store and some Yarrow that I made a tincture from awhile back. I am not sure if that is a futile effort or not. I just hate going to the doctor! Did someone say I am stubborn??

I did get some things done anyway yesterday. A bit of laundry (how exciting! Lol!). I also mixed up a beautiful batch of soap. It has Calendula and Buttermilk. It is a request from my sister for her boys and a friend. Their kids have eczema and sensitive skin that requires a very gentle soap with no chemical additives. It came out so nice! We also put together a batch of cotton candy lip balm. I love the feel of it. But its my first time using the cotton candy flavor. It looks great and my girls love it, but my lips do not. I will stick with just the natural essential oils for my personal lip balms. One of my fav has chocolate and peppermint! Now that one is awesome!

We also got to spend some time just chilling outside with the hens. I am really going to miss these times when the kids go back to school. We have fun just watching the hens and seeing their funny antics. Like our little Cochin roo that calls to the hens to tell them about a yummy treat he found for them. He even will break up a tomato and drop it back on the ground for them. Its so sweet! And you know something funny......seeing hens sun themselves in this HOT weather! I would think they would head straight for the shade when I let them out. But they all take a few minutes to catch some rays while laying on their side, with outstretched leg and wing. Funny birds!
I love sitting outside watching the chickens. Their antics just crack me up!

Quote: I did that just this evening. Einstein, my BF Polish was laying the the grass face down. He's so little that he was buried up to his back so that his entire body and face were down in the grass. I had to look at him now and then to make sure he was still breathing to know he was okay!

The peachicks are hatching a day early and they are LOUD!!!! OH BOY!
Congratulations!!!

bayouchick76:
I am from Patterson Louisiana
Welcome bayouchick!

Thanks everyone. If all of the eggs hatch I will have a total of 11 peas. A few people have contacted me wanting to buy them. A lady is driving from Slidell to buy 3. Another lady is coming over this afternoon to buy a pair. And a friend of mine from Baton Rouge wants a pair. I don't want to get attached to them so im selling them now.

Back
Top Bottom