"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey all...Need a HUGE favor:
Please keep baby Christopher in your prayers. He was born premature on Saturday (he is a little over 3lbs). He has heart problems that are still being diagnosed and no esophagus. He was taken off life support on Sunday and his parents were told he would pass shortly. He is still here. The reality is that there will be many more tears before this is over, however right now he is a MIRACLE. To add to the hardship, he is the couples first child. She just came to this country earlier this year and has no family other than her husband (who is one of the kindest people I know) she also speaks very little English.
Please keep them in your thoughts. He is just beautiful!

I am so sorry. Of course will offer prayers.

So what do duck eggs taste like anyway??

When the Dr realized I had hardly any B12 I started looking at what foods were high in it.  Duck eggs are WAY up there with lots of B12 in them.  Inglewood farms is close to me an is supposed to have some soon.  I am trying to do foods that are high in the B12 along with the shots.  But I usually don't eat the foods that were top of the list.  I am just wondering if I can handle the taste.  I guess I could bake with them though.

I don't think the taste will be that exotic. Eggs don't carry the flavor of the animal. Protein is protein but I have heard they are much richer. Thinking of raising ducks this spring.

And ingle wood does had them. I am part of their CSA. Not sure if they are selling them. Their duck boxes are awesome though. I'm go there today actually.

Last edited:
first eggs I'm at apple testing phone

Mom’s Favorite GF Flour Blend

600 grams Brown Rice Flour
600 grams White Rice Flour
300 grams Tapioca Starch/Flour
100 grams Coconut Flour
200 grams Potato Starch
200 grams Corn Starch

Weigh out ingredients and slowly whisk to combine completely. This flour blend can be used cup for cup as a substitute for all-purpose wheat flour. I use a kitchen scale that is digital. They aren't too expensive from Wal-Mart or Target etc. I purchase all the individual ingredients at Kroger.

It may seem like a lot of starch. But that is actually how much starch regular wheat has in it.

I don't think the taste will be that exotic. Eggs don't carry the flavor of the animal. Protein is protein but I have heard they are much richer. Thinking of raising ducks this spring.

And ingle wood does had them. I am part of their CSA. Not sure if they are selling them. Their duck boxes are awesome though. I'm go there today actually.

They are selling them by the 1/2 dozen. Inglewood is our neighbor. You can throw a rock from the duck huts & hit my folks' house. We are the 2 story house 2 houses down from the ducks.

I did not care for the taste of duck eggs when I raised them - too rich for me--very "eggy". But goose eggs were OK.

Last edited:

100 grams Coconut Flour
200 grams Potato Starch
200 grams Corn Starch

Weigh out ingredients and slowly whisk to combine completely. This flour blend can be used cup for cup as a substitute for all-purpose wheat flour. I use a kitchen scale that is digital. They aren't too expensive from Wal-Mart or Target etc. I purchase all the individual ingredients at Kroger.

It may seem like a lot of starch. But that is actually how much starch regular wheat has in it.

Thank you! it was the sourdough starter I was wondering about mainly.

Hey all...Need a HUGE favor:
Please keep baby Christopher in your prayers. He was born premature on Saturday (he is a little over 3lbs). He has heart problems that are still being diagnosed and no esophagus. He was taken off life support on Sunday and his parents were told he would pass shortly. He is still here. The reality is that there will be many more tears before this is over, however right now he is a MIRACLE. To add to the hardship, he is the couples first child. She just came to this country earlier this year and has no family other than her husband (who is one of the kindest people I know) she also speaks very little English.
Please keep them in your thoughts. He is just beautiful!
Of course we will. He sounds like a fighter.

100 grams Coconut Flour
200 grams Potato Starch
200 grams Corn Starch

Thank you. Will be trying that this week. I love bread of all kinds but wheat makes me sleepier than a Thanksgiving meal.

Back
Top Bottom