"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

That's what I will do. Because it was so tall, I wasn't sure. I didn't think I could use it to put chicks in for any period of time because there was not room to walk around. But the idea of laying it down and using it as a brooder is perfect. I will clean it up real well this weekend and prepare for my next batch of babies. :D

When it's ready take a picture and add it to the Brooders thread. 

Ok. I surely will. ;)

With all the "WEAPON' comments about my new garden tool....it has me thinking. lol Maybe I will have to keep it handy when my husband is out of town, hahaha!

I got it at Lowe's and the tines are adjustable. I thought that was a good feature. I don't think it would work on really hard ground though. And the little step thing is a bit odd. When you step on it, it presses down into the soil in a circular motion......because the tines are curved. So you foot goes along with it. But once you do it a few times it isn't bad.

I sure wish I had it around when the possum was in my hen house a couple of years ago! That would have been a perfect weapon :) That possum got lucky and got away with just a good spanking. He never came back though.

With all the "WEAPON' comments about my new garden tool....it has me thinking. lol Maybe I will have to keep it handy when my husband is out of town, hahaha!

I got it at Lowe's and the tines are adjustable. I thought that was a good feature. I don't think it would work on really hard ground though. And the little step thing is a bit odd. When you step on it, it presses down into the soil in a circular motion......because the tines are curved. So you foot goes along with it. But once you do it a few times it isn't bad.

I sure wish I had it around when the possum was in my hen house a couple of years ago! That would have been a perfect weapon :) That possum got lucky and got away with just a good spanking. He never came back though.

Hahahahaha I can see it now. Pow take that!!! Are you ready to go Batman?

Wow Angel.......I have no words either......
smack.gif
I actually dreamed of this last night... I know weird. But it was my friend Denise, and I actually jumped at her, verbally, she had hurt me. Apparently in my dream I teared up when she thought I would allow her child to be put in a dangerous, unclean, scary situation. How she would think I would take a chance with her child health was beyond me... bet you thought of that too. At first it was funny in a way, those who should KNOW more than that... then when i woke up this morning, i realized THAT is how I would feel. Would NEVER allow a child to come in contact with something that could potentially harm them or make them sick... hurt she would think I would be so careless.... So instead of giggling, I am gonna say I'm sorry. She should know YOU better, even if her info in her head is wrong.
hugs.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome! Figured the name might get kicked back, but it was worth a try! Just got done modifying my brooder. It was a little small so me and my three year old added a "porch". They seem to like it. The 3 year old love his "baby chickens" too.

Welcome! I'm new too but didn't have anyone as creative and innocent as a child to help with a name:) I love children!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
My chicks are 2 weeks old! The weather was warm and dry so I put them in their run for the first time for a few hours. Also, the first time my dogs, Randy & Charlie, got a good look at all 5 chicks at once! Excitement doesn't quite say how they dogs responded. They tore up the ground from running around the coop so many times! I know I could NEVER leave them together unsupervised but I sure hope the dogs calm down as the chicks grow.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
My chicks are 2 weeks old! The weather was warm and dry so I put them in their run for the first time for a few hours. Also, the first time my dogs, Randy & Charlie, got a good look at all 5 chicks at once! Excitement doesn't quite say how they dogs responded. They tore up the ground from running around the coop so many times! I know I could NEVER leave them together unsupervised but I sure hope the dogs calm down as the chicks grow.

Back
Top Bottom