"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Decided to do some minor stuff outside bec I do my first 5 k today. I wanted to get my seeds planted for under the screens for summer foraging for the chickens and bunnies. It's also a good place to hide in the summer. They like to make pathways and hide inside.

I ordered chicken salad seeds to plant under the screens where they can't eat the seeds.

I cut off the old dead growth from last year and put the screens against the house. Then I let the girls work for me scratching and preparing the soil. Finally have them working for me. Lol

They are regular cultivation machines. I am going to empty and throw away my composter. I don't like the design. I'm ging to just enclose an area with pallets and put my portable fence around it and let the girls make my compost. Just put them in every now and then.

My friend's cancer seems to be spreading fast. Everytime I see him he seems more frail. Still so much fun to be around. He started dividing up his stuff and we set out on adventures to give it away. I found out he is sleeping on a box spring in a sleeping bag. I went to Kohl's yesterday with a 20% coupon. I got a 3" thick memory foam topper, puffy mattress pad, flannel sheets, 2 pillows and a soft thick blanket. I told the clerk why I was buying it. He called a manager and by the time they finished discounting it I paid $150 including tax for items that sold for $500. Just wanted you to know what kind of store Kohl's is so if you ever need to you can go there. I went to his house and made up the bed. I tested it for comfort and it was super. There is lots of dog hair from a previous roommate, so I loaded my vaccum to go vaccum out the bedroom really well. That is where he wants to die. He asked for tiolet paper and paper towels I'm also taking. Believe me I am NOT posting to Bragg about myself, I am doing this out of my love of God and my friend. How often do we really see a need where we can truly make a difference? It is changing my life. He has introduced me to music and art that I love. We are laughing and having fun together. I have never experienced anything like this before. I told him he has changed my life. He said it's nice to know that he could do that at this point in his life. I can just feel God in this and the things God is doing in my life and his. I am guessing he may have 4weeks or so. He has started hospice at home. I want him to be able to die at home bec that's what he wants. Sorry if this is a bizarre post. I just don't want to say anything to my family, I don't know why. Maybe bec they would think i am bragging. It feels like I am changing in a good way, becoming something better. It's odd how God works. I have prayed to be more patient and compassionate. I think He is answering my prayer.

Last edited:
My friend's cancer seems to be spreading fast. Everytime I see him he seems more frail. Still so much fun to be around. He started dividing up his stuff and we set out on adventures to give it away. I found out he is sleeping on a box spring in a sleeping bag. I went to Kohl's yesterday with a 20% coupon. I got a 3" thick memory foam topper, puffy mattress pad, flannel sheets, 2 pillows and a soft thick blanket. I told the clerk why I was buying it. He called a manager and by the time they finished discounting it I paid $150 including tax for items that sold for $500. Just wanted you to know what kind of store Kohl's is so if you ever need to you can go there. I went to his house and made up the bed. I tested it for comfort and it was super. There is lots of dog hair from a previous roommate, so I loaded my vaccum to go vaccum out the bedroom really well. That is where he wants to die. He asked for tiolet paper and paper towels I'm also taking. Believe me I am NOT posting to Bragg about myself, I am doing this out of my love of God and my friend. How often do we really see a need where we can truly make a difference? It is changing my life. He has introduced me to music and art that I love. We are laughing and having fun together. I have never experienced anything like this before. I told him he has changed my life. He said it's nice to know that he could do that at this point in his life. I can just feel God in this and the things God is doing in my life and his. I am guessing he may have 4weeks or so. He has started hospice at home. I want him to be able to die at home bec that's what he wants. Sorry if this is a bizarre post. I just don't want to say anything to my family, I don't know why. Maybe bec they would think i am bragging. It feels like I am changing in a good way, becoming something better. It's odd how God works. I have prayed to be more patient and compassionate. I think He is answering my prayer.

You're not bragging - you're sharing, & we appreciate what you are doing to honor this man's final wishes on this world. Your good work will come back to thank you 10,000 times over. Passing it forward always invokes the best Karma has to offer in return.

Last edited:
Thought I would drop a note before I go to bed. Family are coming in, so much to do. I am so far behind. My kitchen is a fright, my refrigerator is turning in to toxic wast. In an other week it will all be fermenting, in two it will be food again. :/ Not sure I want to try it tho. The first food I liked then found out how and what it is is FISH SAUCE. My pure girls have had food shoveled at them, on the other hand I have not been kicking them out of the garden. Note on my state of house: Starting about 5 days before mom passed on I had been in the emergency room 6 times for uncontrollable noise bleeds and panic attacks. So my girls and my house have been on their own for 8 or 9 days.

My girls coop should have been cleaned last week, you know how it is. There are jobs that really have to be done when you have responsibility of animals. It is imposable to center your world around yourself, which is a blessing.

To day I got a call from a BYC member, she lives about 32 miles from me and 41 miles from another member that was in need of immediate help. I do not know what happened, City Farm, rightly, did not believe it was her place to tell me what was going on. When I got there, the family was in a state. All the animals had to go by tonight.

We found homes for most, several Roosters will be processed tomorrow by a skilled member that volunteered to take them. They were slated for camp freezer at some point in their lives. City Farm delivered every one of them to their new homes. I need to reduce my flock, I really planed originally on 6 to 8 chickens, but chicken math keeps getting in the way. Now I have no excuse to keep a flock of 12 to 15 chickens. But I took in to foster 7 chicks and a Silkie.

She was very dirty when I went back to get her, ( we couldn't catch her, so waited until she roosted). She is stunning. I do not have a quarantine area available. So I powdered her then after an hour bathed her, an puffed dried her. She seemed in good shape, didn't see mites or lice, but took no chances. I think I have already found a home for her with someone that has Silkies.
And lastly, these are the fuzzy butts in my make shift brooder. I have 4 that hatched on the 13th the day mom died. I didn't want to mix them until I know the orphaned 7 are healthy. I think it will be easy to find them good homes.
[VIDEO]
Fussy butts always makes me smile :love

WOW !!! What a blessing you are to have been there to help out. All of then are so cute.

Hope that were you were able to get things organized over there are your place. Sorry to hear about what's going on with you. Sending good vibes your way that everything works out. :fl

Sorry to hear about your friend but he is so blessed to have you as a true friend. He is so lucky to have you in his life. Whenever it's his time, he will know what he was loved and he will be at peace when he transitions from Earth to his new home.

God is definitely working in your life. I will pray for your friend and you as well during this time. Be strong.
Beautiful story. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom