"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Thanks for responding... I stated that it was a chick in my first post, but that was a couple pages back. I bought the chick from a BYC member. She hatched it.. It's a rhodebar/RIR cross. I've had the chick since Sunday. I noticed the foot Tuesday. It is the same age as the rest of the babies, but a little smaller. The floor under the shavings is wood. Brooder has a lid.
Everyone here's a great help. I'm sorry I can't help you, as I'm still learning. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring...
frow.gif

thanks..I've had chickens for several years now and ive never had a baby with an injured foot
hmm.png
I've had my "girls" going on a year now. I've dealt with my Polish getting egg bound with her first egg. THAT was a learning experience! She does great now. And, I most recently dealt with impacted, then sour crop. She (Lucy) is doing well and has been back with the flock for about a week now. I've learned that chickens often make us use our detective skills trying to figure out what's going on.
hmm.png

Thanks for responding... I stated that it was a chick in my first post, but that was a couple pages back. I bought the chick from a BYC member. She hatched it.. It's a rhodebar/RIR cross. I've had the chick since Sunday. I noticed the foot Tuesday. It is the same age as the rest of the babies, but a little smaller. The floor under the shavings is wood. Brooder has a lid.
That rules out bad hatch, slipping, or jumping as a problem. You are left with injury or vitamin problem. Feel the ankle and see if it is swollen. Do the soak Pam suggested just in case there is an injury that is too small to see, and add vitamin B to the water. It is safe for all of the chicks to drink the supplemented water and the easiest to get a hold of is save a chick (has multiple vitamins in it). If there is swelling at the joint you will need a sling for her. If not the above treatment should take care of the problem within a few days.

Hey y'all! It has been ages since I have posted anything... But, I have been "lurking" & trying to keep up with everyone. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful FIRST DAY OF SPRING....
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
although it doesn't feel like it! :)
hmm.png

Anyway - I'm just posting to say that I will have some ducklings available in a couple of weeks if anyone is interested. I have some Ancona and Silver Appleyard eggs in the incubator. The Ancona are Holderread bloodlines. There will probably be some silver/white, lavender/white, and chocolate/white as well as the black/white. The Appleyards are from a breeder/shower in Kentucky.

If interested, please PM me. Y'all are getting first dibs.
cool.png

Jenn

Another lamb born last night. I went out yesterday evening and I noticed that the mama was acting stand off-ish, so I knew something was wrong. Well, today I go to the sheep pen to check on her and this is what I found. :D

Back
Top Bottom