"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Sorry they got your girls :'(
Livestock is always protected on your own property. Call the cops. Screen shot her facebook info, the cops will contact the poster too find the owner, screen shot her posts about her dogs being home and these pics you posted. File a report. Ask for damages (not required bit gets the point across on occasion) Irresponsible frickin dogs owners :(
Both those dogs look intimidating nuff to me. I'd shoot them if at my coops. If they get loose again they WILL be back. Be ready.
My husband did shoot 1 but he ran off. I wish he would have killed him because I hate for the dog to suffer! I couldn't have shot at it, but my husband did it before I got home to stop him. It's the owners fault. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind if it sends a message to the people around here to keep their dogs contained. I'm so mad. There's a Livingston Parish Lost Pets Facebook page where this photo was posted, and she told me the dogs made it home. Now once they figure out that one of them was shot, who knows what they will do. We have a leash law, but from what I understand livestock is not protected, which is absolutely rediculous! I did call the police and if I get their identity, will be filing the paperwork against them.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Have hubby get a shotgun, if you don't already have one. It's difficult to miss even with tons of adrenaline coursing through your veins!
One direct hit anywhere will either disable the *insert bad word here* or send him whimpering away!

My biggest fear is this very thing happening and as much money as chicks cost to purchase, plus the coop/run expense, AND the time it takes to raise a chick to a laying hen --- Lord, the investment alone makes this a travesty!! Now add in your attachment to your girls :mad:

My instincts tell me these dogs live within a mile or two of your location. Take a leisurely drive up and down the roads all around you in the early morning hours (6-8am) and I bet you'll find these two dozing on someones front porch. You have picture proof the one is eating the chicken and perhaps you could get restitution from the owner and an apology!!

I hope you get a chance to 'nail' their carcass on your living room wall!

When a pet becomes a predator I no longer see it as a pet. I maintain my own "pet predators" without faulted and I expect the same from each other individual who owns a dog/cat or whatever. If not they are treated the same as a predator, they meet my boomstick.
Just wanted to drop in to say hello. :frow I have been pretty absent these last weeks. It may be a few more days before I get back to a routine. When I feed my girls or give them snacks, even though, I am only down sized by 2, it feels like more. I am looking forward to spending more time with them. My 4 little peeps are no longer peeps but baby chicks, adventurous and are doing will.

I am so going to mess my girls, but I fell it is for the best. It would be too stressful to ask full grown hens and pullets to adjust to life on the road. Starting with all chicks, then selecting the 3 most calm and best adjust pullets to keep is best. I am a little nerves about having to learn to edit video, something very new. I will make it part of my travel adventure.

I am sick at the thought of shot ting someone's pet... BUT! I become furious at someone's pet killing live stock or other pets. That is when I for one will do bodily harm to the dog/cat. Fallowed by to the owner for their part in making the unfortunate situation take place by letting their do run lose.

Its only Tuesday............... come on Friday!!!

Humor helps
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom