"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Love that fluffy butt

Ok so I have a questions about leaving my chickens while I'm on vacation for a week. I know it's getting hot.... And only hotter from here. What do y'all think needs to be done. I have a friend that can check on them once or twice, but she knows nothing about chickens.( I just started too.. So I know nothing as well!) Any and all advice would be awesome!
They do have a lot of shade and a breeze from the lake..

Stay home. :oops:

Ok so I have a questions about leaving my chickens while I'm on vacation for a week. I know it's getting hot.... And only hotter from here. What do y'all think needs to be done. I have a friend that can check on them once or twice, but she knows nothing about chickens.( I just started too.. So I know nothing as well!) Any and all advice would be awesome!
They do have a lot of shade and a breeze from the lake..

Once or twice in a week?? I don't know your set up, but if I left for a week, especially in summer, and someone checked once or twice in a week, I think I would come home to dead chickens. Someone else may have a different opinion. Once I got my chickens, I haven't left home except overnight and even then took precautions and had them cared for twice in 24 hours. Kuntrygirl left for some days once and had someone to do full care. It was horrible what she came home to. Welcome to the life of a "farmer". Sorry to be harsh.

Primrose is right. They will be dead if someone checks on them once or twice. They need to be checked on daily. Not sure what your setup is like so I don't know if they need to be locked up at night and let out in the morning. I left for about 3 days and "thought" that I had left an experienced person in charge of my animals. Needless to say my animals were flying over the fence when I drove up and it wasn't because they missed me. They were starving and they know I"m the "Feeder". NEVER AGAIN. A few more days and my animals would have been dead. No feed and no water. :mad: This happened in November 2013. I still have not talked to my neighbor about the incident. I have a clean criminal background and I want to keep it that way.

Primrose is right. They will be dead if someone checks on them once or twice. They need to be checked on daily. Not sure what your setup is like so I don't know if they need to be locked up at night and let out in the morning. I left for about 3 days and "thought" that I had left an experienced person in charge of my animals. Needless to say my animals were flying over the fence when I drove up and it wasn't because they missed me. They were starving and they know I"m the "Feeder". NEVER AGAIN. A few more days and my animals would have been dead. No feed and no water. :mad: This happened in November 2013. I still have not talked to my neighbor about the incident. I have a clean criminal background and I want to keep it that way.

I don't know what I would have done! Someone would probably be in the witness protection program with a new name.

It's good to see you back, But I know you were out extream couponing. Do you need an intervention.Lol!!! :oops: Pam

I don't know what I would have done! Someone would probably be in the witness protection program with a new name.

It was not nice. I was steaming for days!!! And I asked her OVER and OVER and OVER again could she handle it and was it too much. She guaranteed me that she could handle it. NOT!!! :rolleyes:

It's good to see you back, But I know you were out extream couponing. Do you need an intervention.Lol!!! :oops: Pam

LOL @ intervention. I am trying to wean myself slowly. I'm running out of room with everything I'm buying. I'm getting to the point where I am always looking in everyone's basket to see what they are buying to see if I have a coupon for it. If I ever have to go back to paying regular price for things, it will probably kill me. I didn't realize how expensive things are in the store when they are not purchased on sale. If I had time, I could be someone's personal shopper. :oops:

LOL @ intervention. I am trying to wean myself slowly. I'm running out of room with everything I'm buying. I'm getting to the point where I am always looking in everyone's basket to see what they are buying to see if I have a coupon for it. If I ever have to go back to paying regular price for things, it will probably kill me. I didn't realize how expensive things are in the store when they are not purchased on sale. If I had time, I could be someone's personal shopper. :oops:

I was thinking we could shop at your house. :oops:

I thinned out the peaches on my two peach trees today. One Early Elberta Peach and one Elberta Peach. Popped off half of a 5 gallon bucket of immature peaches that were packed so tightly on certain branches there was no way they would develop properly. In the process I came to find out that I have Peach Tree Borers
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

What a pain. I hope I can get a handle on them. It might be a year before I can tell if we can succeed.

Back
Top Bottom