"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Fox, raccoon, possom, Hawks, owls, stray dogs. Electric fence and a shotgun. I also use a crossbow with a red light doesn't spook. If you're worried about neighbors the crossbow is very quiet

Last edited:
Hey Y'all. I haven't been on in a while. How's everyone doing? Hope y'all had a good christmas! Have y'all seen the weather forecast for next week? Looks like we are getting in the low 20's for 4 or 5 nights in a row. I know they will probably be fine just wondering what everyone else is doing if anything at all.....

20171229_143023.jpg

I have been growing out 3 heritage RIR cockerels to see which one I want to keep for spring breeding. One of them has been stubborn and wanting to roost outside the "fortress" as I call it. It's basically a bulletproof coop inside of a fenced run protected by electric fence. Well, this morning I found him dead with his head eaten off. I'm thinking coon. What do Y'all think? I set a trap with some tuna and marshmallows so we'll see what happens. They must be really smart because he figured out how to climb a 5 ft electrified fence LOL

Back
Top Bottom