"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I have some babies hatching! A few turkens, and some mystery eggs. I'm hoping that they are from my D'anver pair. We found the nest hidden under the feed room, so It's anyone's guess what they could be
hu.gif

Twiley you getting anywhere close to ready for woodies . That would make a good looking group with the peas and some woodies.

Mike, I apologize but I'm still working on getting ready. For the last couple of months we've been "jumping through hoops" getting everything ready for the sale of our house. We've had two market analyses done, termite inspections, building inspections, and over the next week we'll have two home appraisals done. Hopefully, an offer and sale will be in the very near future so that I can BE DONE with my TO DO list for the closing of this sale. Please keep me in mind for woodducks and peacocks. I'll be getting my act together in the very near future. At least I hope so!!!!

Last edited:
Yay mystery chicks
gig.gif
Gotta love them egg hiding husseys dont ya
gig.gif

Julie mine have been wrastlin around for weeks. Found 1 hens nest today got 8 eggs lol. You get to many of them scovy eggs you can just ship em right on up here to me :)

Hey guys...Sorry I haven't been on in awhile.... Obviously ya'll been busy screwing things up on here huh? Who's idea was this crap anyway...lol... Couldn't have been Terri's idea... she's so screwed up by it I was reading her posts coming AND going...llol/....

Lol... We are going to try to have one every year.. The hard part for me coordinating these types of events, is that I don't know the farm stores, venues for this type of event, in Central, South Louisiana. I would like to see more regional events as was the purpose of Louisianachickens.com was to bring a local area for folks in our state to have an entire website dedicated to raising poultry in the bayou state, and a place to launch these local shows, swaps, meet and greets. As a "group, or collective" it makes it easier to obtain such things as venue, sponsors, donations, and give-aways to draw in more people to come to said events. For example, if Fred in Hammond wanted to have a Hammond Regional Poultry Swap, then Louisianachickens.com could be used to facilitate the events marketing, and sponsors.

Most of these folks want their products in front of the people that are buying the product. Such as The event in West Monroe last year had stuff from Surehatch, Ideal, Murry McMurry, Brinsea, Nuterina, and several local gifts and donations. This year Poultry Mag is sending a box of stuff, and Randell Burkey is sending some stuff as of right now but we are talking with all of the sponsors from last year as well as new vendors and suppliers. What we do is give them sponsor logos on the flyer, and if the donation in kind is large enough, we give them a banner ad on the site, rotating of course.

SOOOO If you want to host an event in your part of the world, that is one of the primary goals with Louisianachickens.com.. to facilitate, aquire, and promote the event.

It's also a cool site to hang out.. Check out the Ranting Hen.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom