Lovebird Adventures With Sid and Nancy

Tinychicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
Hillsboro KS
Some very exciting stuff is happening around here! Several months ago, I bought a proven lovebird pair. I had a baby lovebird in college and she and I were best friends. She passed unexpectedly, and I'd been considering more lovebirds every since. I was so happy to come across this pair. My husband bought them for me and he named them Sid and Nancy.
The male is a pied and the female is a sex-linked lutino. The female is a tame little thing, very fun to be around, the male probably was parent-raised as he's very fearful..
I wanted to breed them but they both needed fattening up. Recently, they are looking really good and the female's been nesting. I've decided it's time to give them a nestbox! I'd like to start this thread to blog about their progress. :) This will be my second attempt at breeding birds so I have lots to learn and lots of excitement!!!

Well they made a fantastic nest and about 5 non-viable eggs, then nothing more. I am thinking that Nanc may be past breeding age! No matter!

Back
Top Bottom