Low winter sun on the Pullets

The Polish hen had to have carried the silkied feather trait. I'm not sure if there are silkied Polish chickens, but do know that many breeds come in a silkied form. Or the hen was a silkie/Polish cross that looked full Polish.

Thank you that was really helpful. that cockerel you have is beautiful.

Do you see the other three white pullets to be male? I think they are but I am an amateur chicken keeper. they look and act male to me. the two little black ones I am certain are female.

These birds are very nice and easy going. I am looking for homes for the males as I would like just one rooster. even though they have 3 acres to roam, they roost in the same coop which is not large enough-in the long run. for now, they are working it out. but there are feathers every morning.

CLICK ON THE TYPE BELOW TO SEE FULL POST

Thank you that was really helpful.You're welcome. that cockerel you have is beautiful. Thanks, I think so.

Do you see the other three white pullets to be male? The white with the black markings is a pullet-female. (pullet is a term for a hen less than one year old-cockerel is a term for a roo under a year of age.) I think they are but I am an amateur chicken keeper. they look and act male to me. the two little black ones I am certain are female.

These birds are very nice and easy going. I am looking for homes for the males as I would like just one rooster. even though they have 3 acres to roam, they roost in the same coop which is not large enough-in the long run. for now, they are working it out. but there are feathers every morning.

The roosters might, in the end, get along. However, it would not be good for the pullet/hens. There would be overbreeding and the hens' backs would soon be featherless and sore; possibly ending in permanent damage. I would recommend you pick your favorite cockerel and say goodbye to the others.

Back
Top Bottom