Lucky 😢

Luckywolf

Songster
Jan 7, 2022
This is the sad story of my rooster lucky.

You never know how much you appreciate something until it is truely gone. Man I didn’t really think about that quote that much but the day I lost lucky I realised how true that was.

One morning I woke up to no sound of my rooster, Lucky crowing. Lucky was a fat rooster. He couldn’t really fly because of that. His fat body meant that he couldn’t fit threw the fence (dog mesh) to where his girls would free range. So when I went outside to feed my chickens that morning, I was surprised to find that Lucky and his two hens were missing. I checked all over the goat paddock in which he lived. But I did not fret because I thought that he had somehow figured out away to get out and had gone walk about. Boy, was I wrong! I waited for hours in hopes to see Lucky come running past me chasing my other rooster, Mick. Nope. Nothing.

I checked the coop that night but not he or his girls were there.

It has been two months now and he is still missing. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss him.

The weird thing is that there was not a single feather or signs of a struggle: Nothing could have eaten him; a python would not have been able to take two hens and a very fat rooster in one night, could it???

T
I am sorry that Lucky's story didn't have a happy ending, and I'm not surprised that you still miss him. Not knowing what happened has to make it even harder.

I hope all your others are safe and well.
Thank you. Now that he is gone, Mick is starting to run a muck. 😡 I wish Lucky were her to straighten him out

I'm sorry. From personal experience I know that it hurts the most when a chicken goes missing❤️ I lost my baby crossbeak like that. She followed the dog (her friend. Don’t worry he would not hurt her they even ate from the same bowl!) then something killed her. I only found a few feathers but I still hoped she would return. No such luck. At least they are now together. She and the dog❤️

I'm sorry. From personal experience I know that it hurts the most when a chicken goes missing❤️ I lost my baby crossbeak like that. She followed the dog (her friend. Don’t worry he would not hurt her they even ate from the same bowl!) then something killed her. I only found a few feathers but I still hoped she would return. No such luck. At least they are now together. She and the dog❤️
Oh. That is sad. Yah bless you. Btw what happened to the dog?

Idk much about snakes, but not all 3 at once. Someone may have stolen them. Someone stole one of my hens, my best and favorite one. It still hurts every day since October 18
Well I have suspected them being stolen but we have three dogs, we live on a 25acre property. And we are out of town. Sorry to here about your hen.

Back
Top Bottom