Lutino and Gray Budgies...Males or Females?

Gray and Lutino...Male or Female?

• Gray and Lutino are Males

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray and Lutino are Females

• Gray is Male

• Lutino is Male

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Gray is Female

• Lutino is Female

• Total voters
both are male the edges on the nortrils are turning blue and the purple around the rest of the cere is signs of it..
they look just like mine i have and been breeding them hand rasing these birds for 3 years and have seen it always
like this.. but true lutino can have its surprises

The gray male I just got yesterday so I'm sure he was recently weaned.

The yellow, I've had for approx. 4 months already. She was "roughly" the same age as the gray. She is much "larger" and seems sleeker in her appearance than the gray.

Thanks all for your opinions on this! I'm just glad they seem to be getting along so well! They were preening each other this morning again!

You got lucky with getting to get along. I had a pair of boys when I was younger and they were inseparable. With my most recent girl who's male mate died, I got her a second male mate, and let's just say they are in a love hate relationship, largely because they don't have a choice. I think she still misses her old mate and the new male will occasionally get a "beating" from the girl when his offerings aren't "just right", even after 6 months of cohabitation.
"

i agree theyre probably boys but theyre cute and at least theyre getting along well! good luck with them, theyre cute, i used to have parakeets, good luck!
smile.png

Im very sure she is a female look at the white rings around the nostrils, how did you go

Back
Top Bottom