Lynx attack

NovaChooks

Chirping
Jun 24, 2019
My flock was attacked by a lynx Saturday morning. It took three of them before my white Chantie sounded the alarm and I ran out and scared it off with my dog.
It got my two lavender orpingtons and my bantam cochin hen :(

Poor babies.

Pic below is of two of the survivors right after. And one of my batams came back later after hiding for a while.

IMG_20190922_075102.jpg

Good thing you were there to chase it off and save a few of your flock! I'm pretty sure cats like lynx and bobcat will carry off ALL your birds one at a time and save them for a later meal. Also that cat will likely be back in the near future.

Good thing you were there to chase it off and save a few of your flock! I'm pretty sure cats like lynx and bobcat will carry off ALL your birds one at a time and save them for a later meal. Also that cat will likely be back in the near future.
They won't be allowed out to roam for quite a while now. I'm hoping the cat won't try to break into their run because it probably could get in if it really wanted to.

Sorry about the loss. Other than keeping them locked in the run, it's tough to stop big cats
Can you set up an electric fence as a deterrent? We've had this guy grabbing around but so far he hasn't tried to jump the fence for an easy meal.

Attachments

• FE34B275-BB16-4316-B362-CD0EF49FF526.jpeg
    FE34B275-BB16-4316-B362-CD0EF49FF526.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 20
Sorry about the loss. Other than keeping them locked in the run, it's tough to stop big cats
Can you set up an electric fence as a deterrent? We've had this guy grabbing around but so far he hasn't tried to jump the fence for an easy meal.

do you think the electric fence would work?

Back
Top Bottom