M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Lol I started reading this and was about to post that I have an excellent breeding program, but then i saw that you meant chickens :gig , I do ducks. Any way some news from my farm :D I just had a hatch :), but let me give yall alittle background first :) My family have raised mallard for almost half a century, they were derived from the wild mallard population. Once my grandfather began shows he began to keep a pedigree and from the pedigree it has continued to go on and on to present day. So any way in 2010 we had our annual pick of who was going to breed and put them in the aviary that february and in april we let the males back into the main aviary and put the females in their nesting enclosures. We only had 1 female go broody that year so only her eggs hatched. The following offspring were fantastic and beautiful babies except 1 was different, it was a pure solid black baby initially we were all very concerned and ended up taking the baby to the vet going through blood tests and Dna tests with the vet clinic and MSU and even hinds and holmes. The results all came back the same that there as a mutation in the MC1R gene that regulated pigment in the duck, so basically we had a melanistic mallard, 100% pure bred mallard ( we had never even owned any other breeds other than muscovies anyway). So yeah that is the story of the Black mallard that I now breed, the price of one of these rare coloring birds is set at about $1,000, because you cannot find purebred black mallards anywhere else on this side of the world. Here is an adult black mallard ( this is actually the first one) And these are her offspring that she has had so far : So anyway here are the hatchlings for this year, from a black female and a normal pattern (which is called grey) male
That's amazing! Love seeing people find new genetics, now if only you could discover a random leucistic mallard...

@buff goose guy I could only imagine the price of one them though
1f62c.png

I'm looking for some Easter Eggers, Silkies, Leghorns, Polish (Frizzle or smooth), Cochins (any color), Brahma (any color), Wyandottes (any color), Orpington (any color), Blue Andalusain, Marans (any color), Barnevelder, or just a mixed breed (as long as it's not a bantam or game bird mix!) If you have any chicks pullets or hens available please let me know or if you have any other breed available also let me know! But as of right now I will have to dream of getting them birds lol until I get one or two or three or.......ten or more!

Figure I might as well pop on here once more :p

Slowly phasing out the laying flock to Silverudds (mom favorite breed) and finally got all my Honas plus my single silkie in their own pen. Of course I have my Hona mutts that'll probably be for sale soon plus one pure rooster. Who here plans to show at state next year? Planning on getting (hopefully) some Ko Shamos if I can convince mom :fl but she said that I can get me self some Krainkoppe again as long as they have a cover pen lmao.

Back
Top Bottom