Ma babies

Nero70002

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Jan 28, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
Here are my babies. We keep our chickens as pets. 3 of the chicks are 3 weeks older than the other 3 (O for older). The feed store sells different breeds every Friday a around a day old. The older ones weren't sold out after a few days so we got them (Each person in my family gets 1 chick but my mom didn't one one and my dad wanted 2). I picked out Missy (my dads chick (BJG)), my older sister (OS) picked out Emo (her chick (BJG)), my twin picked out Honey (little brothers chick (NHR)), and my dad picked out Cinnamon Roll (my twins chick (Welsummer)), Nugget (his chick, I named her (BO)), and Kiwi (my chick (SS)) while we were at school. My brother wanted to name Honey "Ice Cream Sundae", but I think that Honey is a better name. I think that Emo is a roo (has a comb, hasn't flown out of the box yet (slower wing development), and is bigger than Missy), but we will just have to wait and see. They also might look tired in some of the pictures since I take some of them later in the day. I take pictures of their sides everyday and I take extra pictures every Friday. If I forget to post that days picture I'll post two the next day. So we have:

Angel - My Chicken (White Leghorn Hen) - flighty like a WL -a month or two ago all of a sudden decided that there wasn't enough space in the coop (they had plenty of space) and killed 5 pullets. One was left alive (Nutmeg) with an eye that was badly injured and closed shut with a white feather in her mouth. Nutmeg is now ok. - Was told heat lamp wasn't supposed to be there and took it out after the picture.
IMG_1906.JPEG

Nutmeg - Older Sister's Chicken (Rhode Island Red Hen) - A little bit flighty sometimes but follows my older sister around everywhere.
IMG_1908.JPEG

Kiwi - My Chick (Speckled Sussex) - Very sweet - Used to screech like a seagull when taking pictures but stopped for the whole rest of the time when I nuzzled her - Has 2 all white wing feathers on each wing as of right now
IMG_2681.JPEG

Cinnamon Roll - Twin's Chick (Welsummer) - Very sweet - Chicklike - Idk
IMG_2950.JPEG

Nugget - Dad's Chick (Buff Orpington) - Chonky - Sweet - Likes sleeping in the feeder
IMG_2966.JPEG

Honey - O - Brother's Chick (New Hampshire Red) - Likes perching on a 35 gallon tub-box thingy- Pretty wings - Sweet - Chases the wet wood shavings when I take them out of the water but doesn't eat them - Likes mealworms
IMG_2716.JPEG

Missy - O - Dad's Chick (Black Jersey Giant) - Sweet - Has escaped from the old box from before
IMG_2812.JPEG

Emo - O - Older Sister's Chick (Black Jersey Giant) - Pecked my hand once to try to eat a scab - Sweet - Thick - I think a roo
IMG_2943.JPEG

Wait... your Leghorn killed your pullets!? Are you sure? And if so, you’re not gonna put these new ones with the killer hen are you??
No, my mom looked it up and apparently some do that when there is not enough space, normally closer to winter, I definitely won’t put them together. The one left alive had a white feather in their mouth but we had no white pullets...

Back
Top Bottom