Mad with a broken heart

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickster2012, Oct 28, 2012.

1. chickster2012

chickster2012 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    The neighbors
    dog got into my backyard and killed my silkie rooster. He was my best silkie. And my neighbors were not home so all night I had to chase the dog away from my fence. I went to their house to tell them what had happened this morning. All they said was they don't know how the dog got off the run. My heart is broken. My silkie love for me to tote him around. I know it is not the dogs fault. It is the owner. The acted like they didn't
    care. :( a lot of people out there don't understand how much love you have for chicken

2. Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    This is one of the most posted topics I've noticed here on BYC. It's definitely a bummer of a situation. I'm sorry for your loss. The comments you're likely to see range from placing the blame on you for not having your chickens fully secured, to comments lobbying for the killing of the predatory animal, to comments calling for legal action against the dog's owners. Whichever comments you choose to heed, I hope you find closure. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Brucepierce

Brucepierce Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2012
    Just outside Boston
    My Coop
    so sorry for you...:(

4. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    So sorry for the loss of your fav Roo :(

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Sorry for your loss,and even more so that your neighbors did not care.Next time either tie the dog in your yard to prove it is out if its run, or kill it(to prove the same).

6. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

7. lorijohnson823

lorijohnson823 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Calhoun, KY
    It is very hard to lose one of your chicken friends. I completely understand. I hope you find some peace soon. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

8. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Sorry for your loss.

9. ladybirdb12

ladybirdb12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    Sorry for your loss
    Five years ago I lost my baby (golden reviever) she was 12 years old and my nieghbors dog killed her, to this day that women laughs at because of my pain, she enjoys it. She got 2 extra dogs total of her dogs 4 they are now chasing my horses.
    but I called the law, so everytime I go outside I take my trusty camera TIME, DATE and a pic of the dogs each dog a fine, the more pics per a day the higher the fines are,someday its going to be not worth paying the fine and lock her mutts up.

10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Sorry for your loss, maybe your neighbors could buy you a new chick and some feed. After all I think they are responsible for damages at least.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by