Made an important, life-changing decision

Quote:
The IUI itself isnt what gave her the multiples..she was on clomid too...
The clomid is what made her release all those eggs... so they could then be fertilized by the IUI... (Inter-Uterine Insemination..)
Its the clomid that makes the multiples...

Clomid works by blocking the bodies estrogen receptors, causing your body to produce more estrogen. Estrogen is what causes eggs to ripen. Most drs will monitor with an ultrasound to see how many follicles are developing. On 100mg clomid I had a 20mm, two 13mm and a 8mm follicle 6 days before I ovulated. Only the 20mm was released.

I believe Kate used injectable meds. The chance of multiples is much higher with them than clomid. If monitoring the cycle with an ultrasound you can choose to not fertilize that cycle if too many follicles are at the ripe stage. I believe she said she knew she had 4 ripe follicles.

I wonder what Octomom used? Injectibles or clomid? Anyone know..?
Probably injectibles for that many eggs to be released...

Last edited:
A friend of mine recently went on Clomid for fertility issues...she's not proudly expecting quads.
lol.png

Quote:
W-O-W! My husband hears these stories and gets all "Yeah! We can get them all done at once!" I have to keep reminding him of the health risks, and the fact I only have TWO ARMS, lol. Hey, at least she won't have to get pregnant again!

Quote:
how cute!!! is she having boy/girl sets or what?
love.gif
it is amazing what they can do these days.

She's only 12 weeks, so she doesn't know the sexes yet. I'm currently 39 wks pregnant with my 1st and I'm so worn out...I can't even imagine carrying that many...or caring for them afterwards!
th.gif

Wow, I'm always amazed when people tell that they ARE pregnant as soon as they know, but to say when you plan to "pull the goalie" that takes the cake. My wife and I have done well, we have got pregnant the first time we tried twice, but the first time we had a miscarriage at twelve weeks, so this time we didn't tell a lot of people for a long time, we are due in the beginning of highpower deer season (November), that was a lack of foresight on my part:/

Back
Top Bottom