Magazine Subscription Rant!

I have a way to solve the problem..
be like me and dont pay it until they get ticked off
lol.png
...then you know for REAL that its run out and time to re-new...

Reiman is the worst about this. They publish Birds and Blooms, Country, Country Extra, Country Woman, etc. There is no telling how much money they waste on the mailings.

I ordered Taste of Home subscriptions for two people one year for Christmas. It said a card would be sent around Christmas to announce it. Not only did these people NOT get a card but they didn't even get the first issue for like 6 months!!!
rant.gif
I will never order a subscription again as a gift! Not only do people not get their magazines but I end up looking like a horse's rear end!!!
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Quote:
I think Redhen is on to something. My dad subscribes to Birds & Blooms for my Christmas gift every year. I enjoy it so I subscribed to B & B Extra a few years ago. Yes you get renewal notices every issue. I just toss and don't pay. Guess they're not mad at me yet. I have never renewed. Keep waiting for them to stop showing up, then I'll renew.
Readers Digest was just as bad. I got threatening letters from them with each issue for about 3 years after I stopped paying, before they stopped showing up.

Imp

It is so nice to know I am not the only one who is annoyed by this. I agree with LizFM, I joined the NRA last year in February and got my first renewal notice before I got my membership information. I almost don't want to renew because of all the junk I keep getting from them. Think about how much money and paper they could save if they would only send the notices when it was actually time to renew!

Quote:
Me too!
lau.gif

I subcribe to Taste of Home through Reiman publishing and they send renewel notices all the time - I just ignore them.
tongue.png

Yup, I think it must be a Reiman Publishing thing. I subscribe to Taste of Home, Country Living, and Country Sampler.

on most magazine mailing lables the date your subscription will run out is in the top line. I never renew till its nearly there. I have also received billing notices for new subscriptions and I have also ordered magazines that take 6 months to get here. I have a great system now. My grandmother and her friends pass around Readers Digest and Womens Day and Im on the end of the loop. I dont care if its not the most recent copy, I just like to have something to read when I have the time.

I just had Backyard Poultry do this. I got the subscription as a gift for Christmas, and have only gotten 3 issues so far! I like the magazine, but sheesh!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom