Magicfly incubators

37 degrees Celsius is the same as 98.6 Fahrenheit. 38 degrees Celsius is 100.4 and that's too hot. Is there a way to get it to 37 and a half degrees Celsius? So this bator is set at normal human body temp, not chick incubation temp?
So to get the incubator at 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, you need to move it to 37.5 Celsius. is that possible?
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Why is 100.4 too hot? But yes it has decimal settings too so you can set it to 37.5...
37 degrees Celsius is the same as 98.6 Fahrenheit. 38 degrees Celsius is 100.4 and that's too hot. Is there a way to get it to 37 and a half degrees Celsius? So this bator is set at normal human body temp, not chick incubation temp?
So to get the incubator at 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, you need to move it to 37.5 Celsius. is that possible?
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
I just got this incubator from a friend who hatched some chicks out of it and got bored of it and just left it outside. Luckly it's only been outside for a few days before I asked if I could try.

I have read this entite fourm but I have mixed reviews on humity. Do I need gauge? Some people only added water at lockdown. What should I do?

I am going to turn it on without eggs and see how it works so I'm not freaking out when something happens. Also I liked the post where someone added water to a cough syrup cup. I have tons of those. It sounded like enough and might of needed refill? Can you open it at lockdown or does lockdown just mean you don't turn the eggs anymore?

I just got this incubator from a friend who hatched some chicks out of it and got bored of it and just left it outside. Luckly it's only been outside for a few days before I asked if I could try.

I have read this entite fourm but I have mixed reviews on humity. Do I need gauge? Some people only added water at lockdown. What should I do?

I am going to turn it on without eggs and see how it works so I'm not freaking out when something happens. Also I liked the post where someone added water to a cough syrup cup. I have tons of those. It sounded like enough and might of needed refill? Can you open it at lockdown or does lockdown just mean you don't turn the eggs anymore?

humidity is a touchy subject. It really depends on where you live and what your local conditions are. If it's really dry, you may benefit from a little water. If you live in a humid area, like i do, no water is almost still too much! Lol

my suggestion is to start with no water. candle the eggs on day 7 and compare to candling charts easily found here on this site. I can post a copy, but i suspect you've seen them in your researching. And then go from there. If the air cells are too big, you can add some water. Adjustments can be made along the way if you monitor as you go. But if you put water in it to begin with, and they air cells are too small, it's harder to go the opposite direction.
best of luck on a great hatch!

oh, what kind of eggs are you planning to try? Some breeds prefer a little more humidity than others.

I live in San Diego (El Cajon) but further inland so we a slightly more drier. When our hen had eggs the air sacs seemed medium the whole time till the end. However on hatching day only one lived. The rest looked shrink wrapped... we had crazy weather which was a freak thing.

For my first test run I was planning on whatever I can get. I have a friend who has Ayam Cemani's and I'd like to try those if my first round works.

Update! I used the Magicfly incubator with quail eggs and it worked great! I was afraid but it worked and everyone hatched. The 5 that didn't weren't fertilized. ☺

Back
Top Bottom