Magikal Misfits Final Farm: Special Needs poultry & livestock farm

My mother and I are a small mother/daughter duo that initially started as backyard hobbyists. We were quickly introduced to poultry groups in which we came across a variety of special needs poultry and livestock, and really haven't stopped growing since. We're actually working towards getting our NPO as a rescue/sanctuary facility. To help our little farm be more self-sustaining, I recently began trying my hand at incubation! We just hatched our first chick (a lavender orp) today on 5/14/2021, with hopefully more to .
My mother and I are a small mother/daughter duo that initially started as backyard hobbyists. We were quickly introduced to poultry groups in which we came across a variety of special needs poultry and livestock, and really haven't stopped growing since. We're actually working towards getting NPO as a rescue/sanctuary facility. To help our little farm be more self-sustaining, I recently began trying my hand at incubation! We just hatched our first chick (a lavender orp) today on 5/14/2021, with hopefully more to come!!

My mother and I are a small mother/daughter duo that initially started as backyard hobbyists. We were quickly introduced to poultry groups in which we came across a variety of special needs poultry and livestock, and really haven't stopped growing since. We're actually working towards getting our NPO as a rescue/sanctuary facility. To help our little farm be more self-sustaining, I recently began trying my hand at incubation! We just hatched our first chick (a lavender orp) today on 5/14/2021, with hopefully more to come!!
How does one “rescue“ animals in need with one hand, and with the other hand contribute to the problem by incubating and hatching more animals? Are the ones you talk about incubating being rescued? or intentionally bred? I tend to think it’s the latter when you mention ‘self-sustaining’. Perhaps I misinterpreted your post at least I hope I did.

How does one “rescue“ animals in need with one hand, and with the other hand contribute to the problem by incubating and hatching more animals? Are the ones you talk about incubating being rescued? or intentionally bred? I tend to think it’s the latter when you mention ‘self-sustaining’. Perhaps I misinterpreted your post at least I hope I did.
Hi Cindy, I see you haven't introduced yourself.
Why not start an introduction thread of your own. You can express your views, and discuss them with other members, there.
Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to the BYC flock!
:jumpy
We need more places like yours! Thank you for working to help animals in need!

Back
Top Bottom