Pics
CA1B4430-96F3-44A2-AF44-8111C3CB8542.jpeg
356277EB-9047-4742-92BB-932D1AC8DD52.jpeg
This little lady needs an intervention! She’s been sitting on this nest since the end of March, midway through her very first clutch of eggs. She has no eggs, only a sad, empty nest that is located in the farthest darkest corner of the barn.

Meanwhile, her sister has been enjoying the beautiful spring weather with Daphne.

I remove her from her nest regularly for breaks, but she has shown no sign of snapping out of it! If she had layed fertile eggs, they would have hatched already! Poor girl is going to miss the entire summer at this rate!

View attachment 1791515 View attachment 1791516 This little lady needs an intervention! She’s been sitting on this nest since the end of March, midway through her very first clutch of eggs. She has no eggs, only a sad, empty nest that is located in the farthest darkest corner of the barn.

Meanwhile, her sister has been enjoying the beautiful spring weather with Daphne.

I remove her from her nest regularly for breaks, but she has shown no sign of snapping out of it! If she had layed fertile eggs, they would have hatched already! Poor girl is going to miss the entire summer at this rate!
If you can get her off the nest, I've broken broodyness several times by "destroying" the nest. Just do not let her see you destroy it or she will hold a grudge

View attachment 1791515 View attachment 1791516 This little lady needs an intervention! She’s been sitting on this nest since the end of March, midway through her very first clutch of eggs. She has no eggs, only a sad, empty nest that is located in the farthest darkest corner of the barn.

Destroy the nest, it worked for my adults.

Do we have anyone here that incubates their own eggs? As I plan to grow my ducklings for eating, and while I have a 95% hatch rate we only have a 45% survival rate leaving them with mum I want to up my survival rates. I don't have the heart (or the guts) to take them from mumma duck once she hatches them
I incubate eggs in a bator. Were letting chickens try hatching some now since they give enough eggs right now, just want to see how momma raises a clutch of babies.

I incubate eggs in a bator. Were letting chickens try hatching some now since they give enough eggs right now, just want to see how momma raises a clutch of babies.
I had a duck sit on 5 chicken eggs, she hatched one but we then had a spring heatwave and she was too hot for the eggs and cooked other 4 chicks before they hatched. I'm curious how chickens hatch ducklings as they don't seem to run as hot. Definetly looking forward to seeing how it goes for you

Back
Top Bottom